Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 10:05 PM

275 posts, read 1,283,184 times

Advertisements

When shipping a package with Fedex or UPS, the package is required to be sealed with packing tape, instead of cellophane tape, duct tape, or masking tape.

I am not familiar with the different types of tapes and have searched them in Google, but am still not quite clear about their differences.

For example, I now have a Scotch magic tape, just same as in the following image. I wonder if it is a packing tape, or some other tape?
Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 10:08 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,226,239 times
Go to Walmart or CVS Pharmacy or Walgreens or just about anywhere and look for the tape that specifically states
"Packing Tape". It would perhaps be easier just to go to a UPS or FedEx shop and ask them to pack it for you, it costs a wee bit extra but saves you from having to purchase a special roll of packing tape for one item to be shipped.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:16 PM

275 posts, read 1,283,184 times
Thanks! I have to use UPS to return a package to a retailer. There is no UPS shop near JHU Homewood. So I plan to hand the package to a UPS driver, since I know about what time each day they will come to my apartment building. I wonder if a UPS driver have packing tape and can seal my package?

Also is a Scotch magic tape a cellophane tape, duct tape, or masking tape, or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Go to Walmart or CVS Pharmacy or Walgreens or just about anywhere and look for the tape that specifically states
"Packing Tape". It would perhaps be easier just to go to a UPS or FedEx shop and ask them to pack it for you, it costs a wee bit extra but saves you from having to purchase a special roll of packing tape for one item to be shipped.

Last edited by timlee; 08-29-2012 at 10:27 PM..

Old 08-30-2012, 03:23 PM

342 posts, read 1,554,346 times
If you go to your corner drug store or Wal Mart or the supermarket and look around in the right dept. you'll see SCOTCH PACKAGING TAPE or something similar. It will be in a dispenser like regular scotch tape but it is two inches wide and it might be clear or it might be a light brown color. Good stuff, easy to use and effective. Very simple game.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:59 PM

342 posts, read 1,554,346 times
Also, I don't think one can just hand a package to a UPS driver. It would have to be weighed, a UPS shipping label printed and affixed to the package and payment collected. I don't think the drivers can do this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore