Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2012, 06:58 AM

18 posts, read 77,250 times

Advertisements

Hello! I am coming to Baltimore for a conference in late October. I hear that the downtown hotels are already booked up due to two simultaneous conferences. I am driving there from TN, so I don't mind staying a bit farther out. What area(s) would be best to look in, that are safe and have easy access to downtown (either by bus or train)? I could drive downtown if I must, but I'd rather take public transit. My conference will be at the Hilton on West Pratt Street. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 02:23 PM

280 posts, read 671,714 times
I don't know specifically, but I'm pretty sure some of the airport area hotels will shuttle you to the light rail or even downtown. Google for hotels in the Linthicum area (zip 21090).

Old 09-13-2012, 05:20 PM

65 posts, read 158,011 times
I stayed at the Mount Vernon hotel once and it was fine - nothing spectacular about the hotel itself, but the location was super convenient. It's several blocks north of downtown, so I don't know if you included it in your search. From there it'd be a short bus ride to the conference location.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:07 PM

7,305 posts, read 13,441,275 times
The airport hotels will shuttle you to the light rail, which will take you right to the convention center.

However the Mt Vernon hotel is a very good suggestion and should suit your needs just as well, in a better location.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:17 PM

781 posts, read 1,190,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_ano_man View Post
Hello! I am coming to Baltimore for a conference in late October. I hear that the downtown hotels are already booked up due to two simultaneous conferences. I am driving there from TN, so I don't mind staying a bit farther out. What area(s) would be best to look in, that are safe and have easy access to downtown (either by bus or train)? I could drive downtown if I must, but I'd rather take public transit. My conference will be at the Hilton on West Pratt Street. Thank you!
There's a decent concentration of hotels within the Inner Harbor/Downtown area, many within safe walking distance to the Hilton hotel; I'd first suggest going to Expedia (or a similar site), just to see which hotels still have availability before considering a hotel all the way by the BWI area, which, is a bit of a distance.

The Charm City Circulator 'Purple' route runs in the Downtown/Mount Vernon area too. The shuttle is free.
http://www.charmcitycirculator.com/s...ute_Map_13.pdf

You may want to check out Hotel Monaco (love their B&O Restaurant), Harborplace, or Sheraton City Center, in addition to what others have already mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: