U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 08-20-2007, 05:24 PM

415 posts, read 1,300,655 times
How about having the CHILDREN being parented, and keeping them OUT OF THE STREET!!! Pedestrians are supposed to follow certain laws also. I don't see these kids doing it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 08-20-2007, 06:01 PM

62 posts, read 167,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobtownManiac View Post
You were also attempting to run down pedestrians. I would have thrown more than bobby pins at your car.

Here's a tip: GROW UP. And, you know, maybe obey the laws of traffic? Is that too much to ask?
I just saw this after being away awhile. I know I'll be moderated for this, but you are truly an idiotic fool to post anything like that. This is the typical lowlife, trashy Baltimore/ghetto area Maryland attitude. The city trash that run the streets 24/7 don't own the city, or aren't supposed to. Hopefully, one of these "good chil'ren" assaulting people in their vehicles will be smashed into the asphalt by a speeding car that just doesn't quite see them in time. Tired of mincing words.

Funny how they run when confronted too.

Unread 08-20-2007, 06:07 PM

My last day working in an ER a couple of years ago, the ambulance crew brought in a traumatic cardiac arrest patient. Asked a few questions, found out the story:
6:00am, late fall (still dark outside), raining. Black female in dark clothes jaywalking across Liberty Rd. Gets hit by a car (driver never saw her), she gets thrown through the air into another car, THAT car throws her 20' into a fast food parking lot. Had she been following the laws that govern pedestrians, she would have never been hit, and would most likely still be alive today.
Streets are not made to be playgrounds.
People should be responsible enough to FOLLOW THE RULES...
Roads are made for vehicles (including bicycles as long as they follow the rules) to travel on, not for kids to play in...
*edit*- JUST TO MAKE SURE IT'S CLEAR...
The race of the person was only brought up to indicate the skin color, and that it helped the person blend in to the surrounding scenery all the better. Nothing derogatory was meant by it...

Unread 08-21-2007, 07:24 AM

9 posts, read 19,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHometoCallMyOwn View Post
I just saw this after being away awhile. I know I'll be moderated for this, but you are truly an idiotic fool to post anything like that.
No, you simply have a problem with reading comprehension.

What part of I had the green light so I continued driving...because I refused to yield to them does NOT sound like trying to run down a pedestrian to you? Give up? The law's the law - you hit them in the street, you go to jail for vehicular manslaughter. It doesn't matter if you have the green light or not. They are pedestrians, they were in the crosswalk, and she REFUSED to decelerate. That's what they call "intent".

What's the old adage about keeping your mouth shut rather than confirming you're an idiot?
Yeah, you should probably heed that one.

For the record, I don't condone jaywalking at all. But the drivers MUST yield. MUST.

Unread 08-21-2007, 04:35 PM

62 posts, read 167,270 times
Quote:
No, you simply have a problem with reading comprehension.

What part of I had the green light so I continued driving...because I refused to yield to them does NOT sound like trying to run down a pedestrian to you? Give up? The law's the law - you hit them in the street, you go to jail for vehicular manslaughter. It doesn't matter if you have the green light or not. They are pedestrians, they were in the crosswalk, and she REFUSED to decelerate. That's what they call "intent".

What's the old adage about keeping your mouth shut rather than confirming you're an idiot?
Yeah, you should probably heed that one.

For the record, I don't condone jaywalking at all. But the drivers MUST yield. MUST.
In the middle of heavy traffic you often can't decelerate much, much less stop, or you will be hit from behind. These people come out of the blue and will deliberately step in front of you daring you to hit them; there is often a very small margin for you to avoid them. It's not reasonable to be expected to risk injury as a driver by running an obstacle course at a moments notice.

Unread 08-21-2007, 05:27 PM

Quote:
And FOR THE RECORD.... the pedestrians MUST follow THE LAW... MUST...

Unread 08-21-2007, 06:01 PM

131 posts, read 434,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolgyrl View Post
My job is relocating me from Houston to Baltimore and sent me out there last week to check out the area and find a place to live. I am now more lost than I was before I went there! The area is soooo sketchy. One block would look awesome and two blocks across was a ghetto scene. I'm looking to rent and it seemed like every unit i saw was either in a bad area or missing amenities that i consider basic like a dishwasher, or a bathtub. I dont think my budget of $1100 for a 1 bdrm is too bad. I'm a single 26yr old with no kids and want to be close to all the action (i.e. restaurants, theaters, night spots)
Please, someone tell me where I should live or if I should avoid Baltimore all together and choose suburban living (which would kinda sucks cause i'm single )

ANY advice you have would be DEEPLY appreciated!!!
Hi, I lived in Baltimore City from 1990 to 1999 and strongly advise you to live in BALTIMORE COUNTY. The crime rate in the county is NOTHING COMPARED TO BALTIMORE CITY. Check out Towson, Parkville or Cockeysville. There are some decent neighborhoods in Baltimore City, but they are few and far between. Avoid West Baltimore like the plague, and East Baltimore is not that much of an improvement either. When I lived in the city, the homicide rate was about 325 per year. I do not recall the exact stats, but the murder rate in Baltimore city has gone down to about 275, which isn't much of an improvement. Oh, you might want to check out Dundalk. I lived there for 3 1/2years before I left Maryland nearly five years ago. I suggest you do a Google for Baltimore County, Maryland and get some information. If you want to hang out downtown after work, check out the Inner Harbor, or Fells Point. Good luck to you.

Unread 08-21-2007, 07:47 PM

3 posts, read 5,739 times
Default Baltimore is not that bad

I've lived 2 blocks from Patterson Park since 1994. I am a physician on the faculty at Johns Hopkins. While Baltimore certainly has crime and grime, it is also quite liveable and it has improved tremendously over the last 10 years. It is not like the suburbs, but people who are looking for that shouldn't look in the city.

Unread 08-22-2007, 08:23 AM

6 posts, read 28,878 times
pedestrians who jaywalk...USE THE CROSSWALK OR BE A TARGET

Unread 08-22-2007, 08:34 AM

6 posts, read 28,878 times
oh, by the way...they were not in the crosswalk....NOT IN THE CROSSWALK...maybe now that the 16 yr. old bobby pin thrower took a ride to baby jail she had time to reflect on her bad choices....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore