Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 06:47 PM

206 posts, read 470,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbers101 View Post
I read that HUD cleared them to continue to operate.
www.hudoig.gov/Audit_Reports/2013-PH-1003.pdf
So ... you make obscene statements, and your reading comprehension is bad. And you post on the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 08:24 AM

74 posts, read 121,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remstone View Post
So ... you make obscene statements, and your reading comprehension is bad. And you post on the internet.
How is my comprehension bad? and I didn't post anything obscene, although my sarcasm may be a bit extreme and viewed as of 'bad taste' by some.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:27 AM

206 posts, read 470,815 times
You can't tell the difference between a minor audit of small contract spending and the rejection of an appeal. With different dates. And one coming from the OIG and one from the CSA. MPN still went to the Court of Appeals, and now it's just a matter of time until we hear they don't take the case.

I don't know what agenda you're pushing with anonymous posts to the internet, but you don't seem like a very good advocate.

Happy reading:
http://mdcourts.gov/opinions/cosa/2013/0071s12.pdf

Old 09-02-2013, 09:04 PM

132 posts, read 291,712 times
Default Crime in reservoir hill

There was a shooting death and a beating death in Reservoir Hill in the past 24 hours?? Does anyone have any details on this ? The news sites don't have any yet. This is so depressing..... I want to look in this neighborhood but I can't justify the risk until things change. Were these citizens or members if the drug trade?

Old 09-02-2013, 09:10 PM

1,175 posts, read 2,889,029 times
The beating death was at Madison Park North which should be cleared out soon, which will make a huge difference. The other was pretty far west in Res Hill, maybe not even Res Hill. The area is cleaning up, but great chance you'll hear gun shots at some point if you move there.

Last edited by KLynch10; 09-02-2013 at 09:22 PM..

Old 09-03-2013, 11:19 AM

225 posts, read 427,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L in sobo View Post
There was a shooting death and a beating death in Reservoir Hill in the past 24 hours?? Does anyone have any details on this ? The news sites don't have any yet. This is so depressing..... I want to look in this neighborhood but I can't justify the risk until things change. Were these citizens or members if the drug trade?

Citizens and members of the drug trade are not mutually exclusive!

Old 09-03-2013, 05:31 PM

103 posts, read 325,443 times
Quote:
What KLynch said. The shooting was on the other side of Eutaw St. from most of Reservoir Hill.

I've been here two months so far and the only thing Spotcrime ever shows near me are auto thefts and one or two burglaries a couple 2-3 blocks away. (Caveat: there was a shooting quite close the month before we moved in, but nothing since.) Hopefully it'll keep on that way.

The builder who did our house is working on a new "project" house (they usually make apartments, but the brother of the two likes to make fancy single-dweller ones once in a while and I bought one of those) right around the corner-- as I recall you tend to be all about the pretty and less about practicality, so it might be perfect for you.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:58 PM

132 posts, read 291,712 times
Default Huh?

You have got me all wrong rootless- you were the one that minimalized the crime in Baltimore. I laughed out loud at some of your original posts about this city. I have lived in multiple neighborhoods downtown for over a decade and i have close family that work in the criminal justice system so i know what goes on around here that you felt was no big deal. I have heard stories that will haunt you forever.
On a positive note- Glad to see you are enjoying your new neighborhood. And I hope it all works out for you.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:28 PM

103 posts, read 325,443 times
Quote:
You have got me all wrong rootless- you were the one that minimalized the crime in Baltimore. I laughed out loud at some of your original posts about this city. I have lived in multiple neighborhoods downtown for over a decade and i have close family that work in the criminal justice system so i know what goes on around here that you felt was no big deal. I have heard stories that will haunt you forever.
On a positive note- Glad to see you are enjoying your new neighborhood. And I hope it all works out for you.
Thanks, I hope so too!

I was talking about interiors, not crime, with my comment about pretty vs. practical. I mean, you recced me a house with a kitchen without a single countertop and then said I was looking for a "lot" of counter space when I said that was completely impractical. If you like pretty finishes and you don't mind, say, a bathroom with no storage, you'd probably love one of their houses, and I meant that sincerely. They told me they're putting in a jacuzzi and lots of skylights in the new one, and I'm sure it will be lovely to look at, but they don't really think through function very well-- but there are some people who wouldn't be bothered by that at all.

And it's not that I think crime is "no big deal" it's more that I didn't think getting a shoebox in a "safer" area at the top of my budget was worth the trade-off-- time will either validate that or prove me a fool.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:38 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,077,237 times
Homicide just happened their a few days ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore