Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2013, 02:36 PM

3 posts, read 4,162 times

Advertisements

So a Comcast rep came by my house six months ago with a good promo. I decided to take him up on his offer of $49.99 for 12 months, for a digital box. I already had high-speed internet, but that was the only service at the time. So it was $10 more for 12 months. Now, six months later I get a bill for $64.99. I contacted Comcast and they said, oh, it was a 12-month promo, but it goes up after 6 months. I have my original Service Order which is the contract I signed six months ago. It says NOTHING about it going up after 6 months. Everything indicates it would be the same price for the full 12-months. Nor was i ever notified it would be increasing. The first customer service person I delt with wasn't able to help and said they don't have to notify me. Now I have to spend time dealing with this crap for freaking $15 a month.

I am so sick of these companies that pull this kind of ish to make a few extra bucks, because they can because they are a monopoly. I can't wait for some other service to come in to the city.

My parents have them in Florida and they have tons of issues too. But their stupid condo assn signed up for a 10-year contract.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 02:40 PM

3 posts, read 4,162 times
oh yah and of course the guy who came to my house and gave me his card and email, and said to contact him any time, no longer works there so the email just bounces back

Old 02-26-2013, 04:28 PM

2 posts, read 3,016 times
I wonder if Comcast is taking advantage of elderly people in Florida. My HOA at the Village at Beekman Place Condominium Association committed themselves (thanks to the Board) to five-year contract. The contract will expire in a year, and I already heard that the Board wants to renew it. I pay extra to have Verizon Fios, it is far superior.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:02 AM

805 posts, read 2,114,714 times
All of them have these stupid promos and different packages that are difficult to figure out.

Yeah, the 12 month promo with 6 month adjustment is a gotcha. This is a good way to **** people off but if you have a monopoly then what will happen.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:14 AM

581 posts, read 1,172,121 times
Comcast is currently screwing me as well with no alternative available. but the second Fios is available I will be giving them a call.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:27 AM

132 posts, read 292,936 times
Default Fios

Quote:
Originally Posted by ay jayy View Post
Comcast is currently screwing me as well with no alternative available. but the second Fios is available I will be giving them a call.
FIOS is never coming. That is a known fact- ask your councilman. You are stuck with Comcast unless you want DSL from Verizon..

Just disconnect- return your equipment. Use the library for a week. Then call Comcast and get another promo. Only way to handle this issue or you will be paying full price.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:28 AM

7 posts, read 31,611 times
I'll echo what L in sobo said; I had to learn the hard way as well. Our landlord won't let us get satellite, so we're stuck with Comcast. The high speed internet is fine, but I would much prefer DTV or Dish. At any rate, I too got hit by the expiring promo offer once and so since then have steered clear. The basic cable is just fine for us and I just add HBO when the new season of Game of Thrones comes on, and then cut it off literally an hour after the season finale.

When we move to a house, I'll stick with Comcast internet, but go with satellite, I think. But there too, I'll have to be vigilant about the promos. They know how to get you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore