Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 02:16 PM

5,114 posts, read 6,083,237 times

Advertisements

As long as they don't expect those of us in the outlying parts of the state to fund it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 05:01 PM

1,175 posts, read 2,898,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamPilot View Post
Is the location pretty much certain if this actually starts to work out? I agree it would be a great location, I just wasn't sure how good the chances are that it actually ends up being that location.

Think of all the things they could do with the old arena once the new one is built!
This entire project is tied to this location at this point because half of the money or more is being raised by the property owner who owns the Sheraton currently sitting there. The whole thing is also a product of the GBC who also came up with this location.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:25 PM

232 posts, read 347,311 times
any news here?

Old 10-23-2013, 09:05 AM

74 posts, read 122,231 times
I have been saying it all along, Baltimore needs new people....Especially hard working IMMIGRANTS! The local, useless, bartending, stripper pole dancing, bail bondsman who thinks he's an entrepreneur, booty beer breath white and black trash that makes up the majority of this city has got to go! On top of that, with minimal competition, this has a chain effect causing someone with an administrative position at John Hopkins to arrogantly behave like they are a fortune 500 CEO! Get this trash out of here, preferably dumping them all in the harbor. I am sick of the transients Baltimore gets to in Fells and Canton. Just white trash with a garbage college degree. Gentrify the people.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:41 PM

92 posts, read 173,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbers101 View Post
I have been saying it all along, Baltimore needs new people....Especially hard working IMMIGRANTS! The local, useless, bartending, stripper pole dancing, bail bondsman who thinks he's an entrepreneur, booty beer breath white and black trash that makes up the majority of this city has got to go! On top of that, with minimal competition, this has a chain effect causing someone with an administrative position at John Hopkins to arrogantly behave like they are a fortune 500 CEO! Get this trash out of here, preferably dumping them all in the harbor. I am sick of the transients Baltimore gets to in Fells and Canton. Just white trash with a garbage college degree. Gentrify the people.
I'd probably be better off biting my tongue and not responding to your ridiculously ignorant post, but I couldn't resist. As a current resident of Canton, it's very rare that I see people around my neighborhood that could be considered "white trash with a garbage college degree." And as someone who is white and has a college degree, I take offense to your comments. Get a life and do something about helping the city if you don't like it. Putting down the good residents of some of the city's finest neighborhoods will get you nowhere.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:53 AM

232 posts, read 347,311 times
Anything about the ARENA???

Old 10-24-2013, 03:25 PM

612 posts, read 843,167 times
What about Nike and/or Adidas camps? Would this help?

Old 10-24-2013, 03:29 PM

612 posts, read 843,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamPilot View Post
I'd probably be better off biting my tongue and not responding to your ridiculously ignorant post, but I couldn't resist. As a current resident of Canton, it's very rare that I see people around my neighborhood that could be considered "white trash with a garbage college degree." And as someone who is white and has a college degree, I take offense to your comments. Get a life and do something about helping the city if you don't like it. Putting down the good residents of some of the city's finest neighborhoods will get you nowhere.
As if it takes a genius to infer what you mean with the last bolded sentence

And yet, all of this is the only part of his post you find fault with. Hypocritical much, no? Perhaps you were better off not responding?

Old 10-24-2013, 03:43 PM

2,282 posts, read 3,928,608 times
With no pro basketball team currently available, I don't think a new arena is a possibility. Perhaps if UMBC had a decent basketball team, you could provide some justification for building a downtown arena, biding time until a pro team is ready to move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: