U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 11:18 AM

6 posts, read 6,848 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

I know there has been a lot of discussion about apartment buildings multiple times. I was just in baltimore last week and I looked at over 12 places and I have narrowed it down to those 2 places and I am having trouble deciding.

I am a late 20's male young professional, single and would like to be close to all the inner harbor action, including fells and canton. I realize that the munsey is roughly 0.3 or miles closer. Is that significant enough as far as safety for walking at night ? How do the surrounding areas compare ?
Has anyone lived in either building ? If so any thoughts about one or the other ? They are both similarly priced.

I am looking to make a decision soon so I would appreciate any feedback. As a sidenote I'm also somewhat considering 414 water street and charles towers as a last option.So anyones 2 cents on any of these places is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 07:57 AM

2 posts, read 1,767 times
I have lived in the are for a couple of years. 39 West Lex wasn't open when I moved here but I have friends who live there and love it, the only downside is no w/d in unit, not sure if that's important to you. I've never been inside the Munsey but its further towards city hall and the Block and that area can get pretty sketchy at night. I forgot the article, but there was an editorial by someone who lived in 222 Saratoa which is near the Munsey and discussed how unsafe he felt it was. That may have changed since Club One closed. Another plus to the 39 WestLex/Charles Towers is there proximity to the supermarket which is a block away. Just my 2 cents, hope that its helpful.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:02 AM

781 posts, read 982,079 times
Have a friend who lives at 39 West Lex, is very happy. There's a 24/7 concierge, parking on site, have never felt unsafe when visiting. Plus, you're on the edge of Mt. Vernon (if you walk through the courtyard), whereas the Munsey doesn't have much around.

If you are going to be traveling to Fells/Canton, you are most likely going to grab a cab/drive, and, the few blocks difference between 39/Munsey is negligible.

If it were me, I'd go with 39 West Lex, or, look into some places in Mt. Vernon, especially if you are looking for places to go out / walkable areas / are concerned about safety. Good luck with your search.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:48 AM

6 posts, read 6,848 times
Thanks for the responses guys ! After actually visiting both places, Im still leaning towards the munsey...any other thoughts guys ? I'm on the verge of deciding !

Old 04-23-2013, 11:57 AM

201 posts, read 351,277 times
We lived in Charles Towers for two years and the Park Charles (not sure why you're not considering that) for four and loved the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore