Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 01:21 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,367,679 times

Advertisements

Yeah, but people don't want to talk about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debold4215 View Post
I agree with your statement consciousness first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 01:23 PM

Yesterday, I was on the corner of Greenmount Ave. & 33rd Street to people watch. I witnessed some very disturbing things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Greenmount & North is improving? Really? I haven't been there in years, and haven't had the least desire to go; but I find the mere concept of that area being anything better than a dump to be amazing!

Old 06-02-2015, 01:42 PM

251 posts, read 281,120 times
Greenmount and North is absolutely improving, especially the Greenmount West/Station North area to the SW of the intersection and Barclay to the NW. Much of the city is improving right now, although admittedly there are still significant pockets that are getting worse. Those places, however, are not war zones or ghost towns or whatever else people make them out to be, but merely impoversihed urban neighbhoods.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:18 PM

45 posts, read 92,474 times
I've spent a lot time in Baltimore. Even the nicest areas felt sketchy.
And I say that as someone who spent time in less savory areas of NYC. Where I felt infinitely safer.
Now I can't imagine moving there.
I would say Detroit has more of a chance of a comeback at this point than for Baltimore to improve overall.

Old 06-02-2015, 02:34 PM

16,319 posts, read 10,339,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBX View Post
Greenmount and North is absolutely improving, especially the Greenmount West/Station North area to the SW of the intersection and Barclay to the NW. Much of the city is improving right now, although admittedly there are still significant pockets that are getting worse. Those places, however, are not war zones or ghost towns or whatever else people make them out to be, but merely impoversihed urban neighbhoods.
Kinda looks ghost town-ish to me:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sandrabitar/3771516836

http://www.trbimg.com/img-54dbf695/t...-mall-20150211

Old 06-02-2015, 02:38 PM

2,335 posts, read 2,898,463 times
It's Baltimore, gentlemen. The gods will not save you.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:31 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,445,555 times
Quote:
Yes, agree 100%. I work a couple blocks off of Greenmount & North and it is improving.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:34 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,445,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glittery View Post
And I say that as someone who spent time in less savory areas of NYC. Where I felt infinitely safer.
I would say Detroit has more of a chance of a comeback at this point than for Baltimore to improve overall.
Really? You feel unsafe in Roland Park, Guilford, Homeland, Ten Hills, Locust Point, Canton?

Detroit filed for bankruptcy; Baltimore is nowhere near bankruptcy - the one thing SRB did right was restructure the city's finances to begin closing the deficit. The city actually has a rainy dy fund adn it can cover the $20M from the riots. The largest employer in MD is in the city, Hopkins with 55K employees.

Your hyperbole is too much.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:40 PM

684 posts, read 998,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glittery View Post
ok now you're overeacting

Old 06-02-2015, 03:43 PM

Question? What in the hell, in your mind and intellect, constitutes how things are improving on Greenmount Ave.??!! The only thing I see on Greenmount Ave. & North Ave. (mine you that I see what Station North is doing) are some rainbow colored homes being developed adjacent to that corner. I still see junkies, prostitutes, drug dealers and drug houses and people loitering and soliciting all hours of the day/night.

"....although admittedly there are still significant pockets that are getting worse."

*Getting worse?!!

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore