U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-25-2013, 06:55 AM

172 posts, read 440,579 times
Default How can I get a Section 8 Housing Voucher and Welfare?

I know I work and own my house and do all the things people are expected to do, but I wanna start being lazy and freeload off my government (fellow tax payers). I just need to find a lucky woman to start having my babies and she needs to agree to ALWAYS be pregnant. The more babies we have the more money we can get. The way I figure it, if I get a Section 8 voucher and food stamps and a welfare check, I can stay home with my kids and watch TPIR everyday. I can also find an under the table job to get myself a nice ride. I'll be all set.

BTW, I'll have no encouragement to ever get a better job because all my free stuff would go away.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 07:35 AM

6,476 posts, read 5,830,527 times
How original and creative. "It's awesome to be poor!" satire is so boring.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:15 PM

805 posts, read 1,196,289 times
That does seem to be how the system is broken.

The new American dream.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:17 PM

394 posts, read 384,561 times
Having been on public assistance when I was a child and now as a member of the upper-middle class, I find your post both disgusting and ignorant of any true understanding of people's circumstances. I gladly pay into a safety net that once prevented my family and me from starving while we were down.

Old 05-25-2013, 05:08 PM

I'm sure most people are in favor of a support system to help people get back on their feet and prosper but that's not how I see the current system.

The current system seems to encourage people to stay out of work and have more kids to get more benefits. Others seem to be on permanent disability but are able to still function and could benefit society. If the government provided jobs and mandatory education for them in exchange for benefits instead of just giving them benefits then I could see the problem non-existent. This would allow the people to be able to get a job for more money then what the government job is paying and encourage then to prosper. Some people are in very rough shape and I understand that they would not fit this but then the government would just have to benefits but they should for the most part be bed ridden.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:13 PM

396 posts, read 190,541 times
Did you know welfare is only good for 24 consecutive months at a time, and there is a 60 month lifetime limit? Or that recipients are required to have a job after 24 months? That rule has been in place for nearly two decades.

In Maryland, a single parent with 2 kids receives $574/month from TANF (welfare) and $526 from SNAP (food stamps). So yeah, have fun living like that.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpheels View Post
Did you know welfare is only good for 24 consecutive months at a time, and there is a 60 month lifetime limit? Or that recipients are required to have a job after 24 months?
Not for the kids that then have babies to continue the never ending cycle.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:33 AM

373 posts, read 270,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpheels View Post

In Maryland, a single parent with 2 kids receives $574/month from TANF (welfare) and $526 from SNAP (food stamps). So yeah, have fun living like that.
Not always. Currently unemployed, single mom of two, getting $268 a month in food stamps.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:11 AM

2,120 posts, read 1,104,685 times
No need to make an announcement ...head to the nearest welfare office and do it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinflamezzz View Post
I know I work and own my house and do all the things people are expected to do, but I wanna start being lazy and freeload off my government (fellow tax payers). I just need to find a lucky woman to start having my babies and she needs to agree to ALWAYS be pregnant. The more babies we have the more money we can get. The way I figure it, if I get a Section 8 voucher and food stamps and a welfare check, I can stay home with my kids and watch TPIR everyday. I can also find an under the table job to get myself a nice ride. I'll be all set.

BTW, I'll have no encouragement to ever get a better job because all my free stuff would go away.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:21 AM

396 posts, read 190,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty12 View Post
Not always. Currently unemployed, single mom of two, getting $268 a month in food stamps.
Yeah, I should have said those were the maximum allowances. Individual allotments will vary based on income (including unemployment insurance) and other assets (savings, property value).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore