Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 10:58 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,379,517 times

Advertisements

Baltimore is slow!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 10:59 AM

There are a lot of special events that take place in DC because Baltimore's population is not that sophisticated or won't support such activities.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:01 AM

I agree ddiva!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddiva View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that more artists should do shows in Baltimore instead of skipping the area and just going to DC? I simply do not understand why Baltimore gets skipped by a lot of great artists. I love attending shows in Baltimore but it seems like tour managers think that this city is beneath them or something.

I'm also wondering why this city doesn't have festivals like SXSW and Coachella. At those two festivals, artists from several different music genres perform. In Baltimore, R&B/hip-hop artists have their own festival and then rock artists will have theirs. It should NOT be like that.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:20 AM

27,347 posts, read 28,415,515 times
I drive up to Baltimore and check out bands playing at the First Mariner Arena fairly often. But it's mainly older/legendary rock acts.

I actually like the venue as it has a cozy feel right in the heart of downtown.

Old 10-18-2013, 05:43 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,978,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I drive up to Baltimore and check out bands playing at the First Mariner Arena fairly often. But it's mainly older/legendary rock acts.

I actually like the venue as it has a cozy feel right in the heart of downtown.
I saw Sade and John Legend there 2-3 of years ago. It could use an update but the location is great. I just jumped on the light rail after the show. She was incredible, but I haven't been back since. Think Rihanna was there this Spring.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:28 PM

92 posts, read 172,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
I saw Sade and John Legend there 2-3 of years ago. It could use an update but the location is great. I just jumped on the light rail after the show. She was incredible, but I haven't been back since. Think Rihanna was there this Spring.
Pearl Jam is gonna be there a week from tonight. Can't wait. It's the first time they've ever played in Baltimore. Normally they always stop in DC on their US tours but not this time

Old 10-22-2013, 12:17 PM

226 posts, read 411,924 times
Its really none of that IMO.

Compare the Baltimore population numbers to the D.C. population, including NoVa, MD, basically all the turf within D.C. METRO rail range, then look at venues, and its just seems clear that D.C. would be the much easier, quicker bet to sell a lot of tickets. If I'm a big name star, I just want to hit a nice sized arena, sell out my show, and then hop my plane/tour bus to the next stop.

D.C. makes more business sense there.

9:30 club on its own would do more music business than a nameless equivalent venue in Baltimore, just based on 9:30 club having some name recognition, however, Ram's Head can compete because they have a pretty nicely established name credibility (and deep enough pockets) in their own right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore