Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2013, 04:30 PM

759 posts, read 1,357,226 times

Advertisements

Recently received a mailer from "Maryland Energy", a natural gas supplier that claims to provide gas at $0.449/therm, as opposed to my current BGE rate of $0.543/therm. I calculate with commodity and delivery charges it might save me somewhere around $16.00-20.00/month, if all holds true as promised. Has anybody ever used "Maryland Energy", or any other alternative energy supplier, and if so, what were your experiences? Any savings or headaches? Any trouble with switching or billing? Was it worth switching from BGE?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 05:22 PM

252 posts, read 425,425 times
I have used Maryland Energy among a number of other providers for both gas and electric. I had no problems with Maryland Energy, and I think that is a pretty good rate. Only thing to note is, I believe that rate is just for the winter - not sure if they have changed their offer. Savings can be calculated just by looking at your usage (therms of kWh) times the difference between the price to compare and your offer. Be sure to think about any cancellation fees or how your usage differs at different times of the year. Headaches have just been around timely enrollment and cancellation charges. One supplier, ConEdSolutions, took like two months to enroll and another, Viridian, would charge an early termination penalty, if I cancelled the contract early, which I must have missed. By law (I believe), this is not charged if you move residences though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore