Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2013, 06:44 PM

775 posts, read 1,785,006 times

Advertisements

I guess what I've been saying all along about no big fence existing at Fayette is being born out again.

Crime spree in Canton, Patterson Park leaves residents unsettled | Baltimore City News - WBAL Home

So, let's go over that list again. Don't leave anything in your car. Don't talk on your cell phone. Don't jog with your Ipod. Don't leave anything outside-even for a second. And, your house...not safe there either. Man I wish I was in Burlington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 07:09 AM

225 posts, read 429,342 times
But hey, let's cut unemployment and food assistance. Because people will magically find well-paying jobs. Or you know, steal.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmiesix View Post
But hey, let's cut unemployment and food assistance. Because people will magically find well-paying jobs. Or you know, steal.
Great point. I agree with your sentiment (not your sarcasm).

Old 10-31-2013, 08:37 AM

866 posts, read 2,628,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by are you kidinme? View Post
I guess what I've been saying all along about no big fence existing at Fayette is being born out again.

Crime spree in Canton, Patterson Park leaves residents unsettled | Baltimore City News - WBAL Home

So, let's go over that list again. Don't leave anything in your car. Don't talk on your cell phone. Don't jog with your Ipod. Don't leave anything outside-even for a second. And, your house...not safe there either. Man I wish I was in Burlington.
Burlington is a great town!

Old 10-31-2013, 08:47 AM

8,236 posts, read 13,357,122 times
Quote:
Along those same lines... thieves go where they know people have stuff to steal..ie areas that are stable/more affluent, and where they know people are likely at work (though the break in referenced while the people are home took some nerve)... Some of the less affluent and blighted areas close by may be perceived by thieves of having less things to steal. Additionally, Canton and the surrounding areas are part of the City old rowhouse grid and have a good bit of pedestrian activity..so you cant tell per say who should and shouldnt be in the neighborhood unless you are profiling the hell out of folks.. People could be walking through to go to the bus, the store, or to your back door to kick it in. Its easier to profile in the single family districts that are more car dependent and where people walking around is more obvious and may draw some suspicion depending on the neighborhood's cultural norms. People circling in cars also draws suspicion in these areas too moreso than in the City old rowhouse grid where people could be looking for an address, a parking space or a good door to kick in....

Old 10-31-2013, 08:58 AM

1,175 posts, read 2,900,550 times
Quote:
These aren't starving families, these are teenage punks whose parents could care less about what they do. If you want to improve the lower class, the number one focus should be on preaching safe sex so there are less children who never had a chance.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:12 AM

225 posts, read 429,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLynch10 View Post
These aren't starving families, these are teenage punks whose parents could care less about what they do. If you want to improve the lower class, the number one focus should be on preaching safe sex so there are less children who never had a chance.
I don't disagree. But poverty is still at the root of all of this.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobo16 View Post
Burlington is a great town!
I'm sure it is!

Old 11-05-2013, 12:59 PM

8,236 posts, read 13,357,122 times
I wonder how much crime goes up on Halloween in this City? I saw so many folks running around in mask in the side streets of Fells Point that if you were in the market to do some dirt.. there would be plenty of opportunity to do so and conceal your identity. 7- Eleven is hip though.. They had signs up at several stores warning customers to remove their mask before entering the store.

I heard a report about how crime spikes during Daylight Savings Time.. the rationale being that more people are out.. presumably coming home from work.. when criminals are out taking advantage of the darkness. I remember before the clocks rolled back.. the string of robberies in Charles Village and Roland Park in the early AM pre dawn hours.. now those robberies will likely shift to the PM. There was also acknowledgement of the weather being colder allows thieves to concel larger weapons and their faces easier with mask and "skull caps" not to mention the upcoming holidays.. and people are carrying more cash or valuables...

BE MORE CAREFUL AND STAY CLASSY BALTIMORE>>>>>>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: