Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 11:01 PM

11,361 posts, read 9,274,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I thought Baltimore O's fans hated the Redsox but yet (you're) congratulating them?
No Oriole fan would do that.

The OP is just trying to stir up trouble.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:30 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,022,312 times
Quote:
I thought Baltimore O's fans hated the Redsox but yet your congratulating them?
I don't know if the OP is trying to start trouble or not.

In my opinion The Red Sox, Yankees "hatred" is mostly caused by "jealousy". Yankees and the Sox, have better players, better fans, better management, and better ownership that will spend money on good players, which in baseball is how a team wins.

Red Sox were just fun to watch late in the year. It's nice to see Koji get a ring.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:25 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,022,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Yawn. Who cares. I don't think they were "fun to watch" at all as I do not enjoy seeing them win. I have no ties to Boston.

This is a Baltimore message board. The OP is trolling.
Maybe you are right though this perhaps does belong in the sports section...

I will say though:
I also have zero ties to Boston and NY.

I realized in July or August that the O's weren't in it when:

-When they still didn't have a 5th starting (arguably they didn't have a legit 4th starting pitcher either),
-They had a player barely hitting .200 playing 2nd base every day,
-A closer who was blowing saves all year long.

I'm more of a real baseball fan. If I had my way Pittsburgh or Washington would have won it.... but oh well....

I respect the Sox for building a good team, after a terrible year and winning that's what made them fun to watch. Honestly I was cheering more for Koji.(A former Oriole)

As for the David Ortiz steroid use claim..
O's fans practically begged for Brian Roberts to come back from injury for what 2-3 years? cheered him at every turn and he is also guilty of cheating.

O's have a less then clean record of roiders.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:59 AM

11,361 posts, read 9,274,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Maybe you are right though this perhaps does belong in the sports section...

I will say though:
I also have zero ties to Boston and NY.

I realized in July or August that the O's weren't in it when:

-When they still didn't have a 5th starting (arguably they didn't have a legit 4th starting pitcher either),
-They had a player barely hitting .200 playing 2nd base every day,
-A closer who was blowing saves all year long.

I'm more of a real baseball fan. If I had my way Pittsburgh or Washington would have won it.... but oh well....

I respect the Sox for building a good team, after a terrible year and winning that's what made them fun to watch. Honestly I was cheering more for Koji.(A former Oriole)

As for the David Ortiz steroid use claim..
O's fans practically begged for Brian Roberts to come back from injury for what 2-3 years? cheered him at every turn and he is also guilty of cheating.

O's have a less then clean record of roiders.
I liked Koji when he was here - after they turned him into a relief pitcher. I was disappointed when he was traded but the Orioles ended up getting Chris Davis (from Texas for non-fans reading) so I guess it evened out, or did it?
I never cared for Andy MacPhail because I thought he was lazy. The one trade that did work out was getting Jones and Tillman from Seattle.

I'm a Nats fan too. I was born in Washington, DC and spent my whole life in the area until last year when I moved here.

Hate to point a finger at the Orioles 2013 season but if Johnson didn't blow all those save chances that he didn't blow last season...
At least they are doing much better since Dan Duquette arrived. He deserves more credit for the Orioles turning it around than Showalter is getting.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:03 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,416,516 times
Not an Orioles fan over here. Was raised a New York Yankees fan! My grandfather is from NY, he was raised a New York Yankees fan, my father is a Yankees fan, and I'm a Yankees fan!!

Quote:
I thought Baltimore O's fans hated the Redsox but yet your congratulating them?

Old 11-05-2013, 11:07 AM

I respect Boston just out of history.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:30 AM

There a ton of Yanks fans here in Baltimore!!! I used to work at Camden Yards, and if it wasn't for Boston and New York baseball fanatics, we'd never make any money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Nope. That's the Yankees.

"if it can't be the Orioles for some reason... anybody but the effin' Yanks"

Old 11-05-2013, 01:12 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,455,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
I respect Boston just out of history.
Were you preaching that line before 2004?

Old 11-05-2013, 10:17 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,989,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
Not an Orioles fan over here. Was raised a New York Yankees fan! My grandfather is from NY, he was raised a New York Yankees fan, my father is a Yankees fan, and I'm a Yankees fan!!
Wait a second! Your a Yankees fan congratulating the Boston Red Sox?? Just when I thought you didn't have any more surprises up your sleeve.

Kid, I think it's time you turn in your Yankees fan card immediately.

Last edited by gwillyfromphilly; 11-05-2013 at 10:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: