Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2014, 03:16 PM

219 posts, read 405,838 times

Advertisements

Baltimore is the Nation’s Best Market for Renting to Millennials

At least one publication thinks Baltimore is the best market for millennial renters. As a millennial renter myself I tend to agree- you get a lot for your money here.

Last edited by baltplanner; 09-03-2014 at 03:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 07:21 PM

934 posts, read 1,062,580 times
I am also a millennial renter and I couldn't agree more. My graduate student stipend (which is very modest) gets me way further than it would in other places. It was definitely a factor in choosing Hopkins for graduate school. Columbia was on my short list, but I think I'd be struggling to feed myself in Manhattan.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:29 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,474,349 times
I was a millennial renter too until a couple of years ago, and I agree as well. I made several CD posts about how the same amenities that I had in Mount Vernon/Midtown Belvedere at $750/month had cost me double while renting inside the DC beltway. After three years of living in Baltimore, I used the savings to payoff debt and then buy a house in the city. Now the same setup inside the DC beltway would cost me nearly $1800/month. I don't know where I'd be if I still lived there – on a smaller hamster wheel, I guess.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:21 PM

8,236 posts, read 13,353,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baltplanner View Post
Baltimore is the Nation’s Best Market for Renting to Millennials

At least one publication thinks Baltimore is the best market for millennial renters. As a millennial renter myself I tend to agree- you get a lot for your money here.

Not just millis... You can drive up and down some of the streets like Liberty Heights, Garrison Ave and a few others.. trashy run down once vacant apartment complexes are being rehabbed.. likely driven by both the tax credit program for housing and the city's incentives for new apartments. Hopefully once they are completed they spur interest in the surrounding blocks that they may have pulled down over the years and remain decent apartments for working individuals and families....It still seem silly just to offer it for apartments.. why not any development?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore