Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2014, 02:57 PM

6,999 posts, read 11,298,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpark View Post
Bingo! We have a winner!

Yes, the money is unreal in MLB.

A nice thing about OPACY is that its not too expensive. I've been to Fenway and the new Yankee Stadium and it is crazy $$$.

A nice thing about OPACY is that you can bring in your own food and non alcoholic beverages (in unopened containers).

I've been to Bowie Baysox games too and it is super family friendly, camped out in the outfield a couple times with my son's Cub Scouts, a blast.
There was a time when the Yankee's radio contract was more than the entire Pirates' payroll.

Baseball needs a salary cap, or at minimum a luxury tax. Revenue sharing would be every better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2014, 04:36 PM

934 posts, read 1,061,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
There was a time when the Yankee's radio contract was more than the entire Pirates' payroll.

Baseball needs a salary cap, or at minimum a luxury tax. Revenue sharing would be every better.
Baseball already HAS a luxury tax. The Yankees are just so rich that they have paid it every year and it doesn't seem to be any skin off their nose. They're the only team to have paid it every year since it has been in existence.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:31 PM

6,999 posts, read 11,298,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by designer_genes View Post
Baseball already HAS a luxury tax. The Yankees are just so rich that they have paid it every year and it doesn't seem to be any skin off their nose. They're the only team to have paid it every year since it has been in existence.
Learn something new every day.

Well, the Yankee's season is over. Jeter has transformed into a column of pure light and ascended into Yankee heaven. Let's not speak of the Bronx bombers again and instead praise the O's, Pirates, and Nats for all making their 2nd playoff trip in the last 3 years.

Go Buccos! Don't let the season end on Wednesday night!

Old 09-30-2014, 07:50 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,455,865 times
WooHoo! Just scored tix to Friday night!

Old 09-30-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:
WooHoo! Just scored tix to Friday night!
AH, so jealous!!! Have fun!

Old 09-30-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
AH, so jealous!!! Have fun!
Many thanks!

I'm taking my son; he's super excited. I take the kids to Opening Day every year (they have Orange Fever that day, have to leave school early ) and a few games thru the season. Just as I remember big games with my dad, he'll remember this one I'm sure.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Many thanks!

I'm taking my son; he's super excited. I take the kids to Opening Day every year (they have Orange Fever that day, have to leave school early ) and a few games thru the season. Just as I remember big games with my dad, he'll remember this one I'm sure.
Trust me, he won't forget it. Baseball games with my dad were the most memorable parts of my childhood. He is the reason I love baseball so much.

I'm not really the "homesick" type (I love Baltimore!), but I miss the days where my dad and I went to a dozen or so games together every season. Now I'm lucky if I make it to a few Mets games a year. But, luckily Camden Yards is a stone's throw away. My parents came to visit a couple of weeks ago and it was the first time they had ever been there and they loved it!

Old 09-30-2014, 02:05 PM

Oh hey, by the way everyone, quick question...

Where's the best bar to catch all the playoff action? If I can't snag tickets, you best believe I'll be at the bars. I know that Pickles is the Orioles bar of choice for most fans, but I have a feeling during the playoffs it will be so crazy I won't even be able to breathe.

I definitely want a crowd of pumped up people, but I also want to actually be able to watch the game. Any suggestions? I live in Patterson Park, so something in the PP/Canton/Fell's Point area would be preferable.

I know pretty much every bar will have the games on and people will be watching, but I was wondering if people have some insight about the best spots.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Oh hey, by the way everyone, quick question...

Where's the best bar to catch all the playoff action? If I can't snag tickets, you best believe I'll be at the bars. I know that Pickles is the Orioles bar of choice for most fans, but I have a feeling during the playoffs it will be so crazy I won't even be able to breathe.

I definitely want a crowd of pumped up people, but I also want to actually be able to watch the game. Any suggestions? I live in Patterson Park, so something in the PP/Canton/Fell's Point area would be preferable.

I know pretty much every bar will have the games on and people will be watching, but I was wondering if people have some insight about the best spots.
A good baseball pal of mine lives off Foster St in Canton and the spot we like to hit for baseball is Myth & Moonshine located at 2300 Boston St (also in Canton). The folks running the place are baseball people, the main TV from the bar is huge with a great picture and very easy to see (we like to sit at the bar). And best of all - they keep the sound up for the game (lots of places do not have the sound on/up, I hate that!). The food is good, but a little pricey for my normal routine. I had a muffaletta sandwich and it was great. Natty Boh on tap is cheap (if that's your thing). I've never seen it very crowded when I've been there (but I'm not a Friday/Saturday night bar person anymore).

I love Kislings at Boston and Fleet in Canton, but the TVs are old and murky looking; I go there for atmosphere and the hot wings, not the TVs.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
A good baseball pal of mine lives off Foster St in Canton and the spot we like to hit for baseball is Myth & Moonshine located at 2300 Boston St (also in Canton). The folks running the place are baseball people, the main TV from the bar is huge with a great picture and very easy to see (we like to sit at the bar). And best of all - they keep the sound up for the game (lots of places do not have the sound on/up, I hate that!). The food is good, but a little pricey for my normal routine. I had a muffaletta sandwich and it was great. Natty Boh on tap is cheap (if that's your thing). I've never seen it very crowded when I've been there (but I'm not a Friday/Saturday night bar person anymore).
Ooooh, that place sounds awesome. I'll check it out, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore