Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 08:47 AM

349 posts, read 985,378 times

Advertisements

I was looking at this politically-incorrect map of Baltimore:

http://i.imgur.com/kSVMQ.jpg

Canton is described as "Bros." I take it that implies White? Is it single or young couples? (P.S. Towson is also full of bros -- how is Canton different from Towson?)

Also, there's a place titled "Micro-Asia." Is it near the Cathedral, or around Johns Hopkins?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 11:17 AM

537 posts, read 764,792 times
Pretty sure bros can be any race, but are typically white males. There can also be female bros. And women who just like to hang around bros. NPR had an entire, hilarious article about this topic about a year ago.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:18 AM

537 posts, read 764,792 times
And here it is: Jeah! We Mapped Out The 4 Basic Aspects Of Being A 'Bro' : Code Switch : NPR

Old 10-13-2014, 03:03 PM

3,745 posts, read 4,055,464 times
Wow, I'm really out of it. All this time I thought a "bro" was the name of the bra for men invented by George's father and Kramer on Seinfeld.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:51 PM

8,150 posts, read 13,212,823 times
wow.. now I have read everything...."Bro" has gone from being a term that many African Americans used to greet each other in the 70s and 80s to being a universal term of endearment... Next thing you know "my Ninja" will replace a not so nice slur.. oh wait...I guess terms like "man", "dude" and "Homie" have been officially retired....

Old 10-14-2014, 05:45 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,371,560 times
Hahahahahhahahaahhahaahahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene80 View Post
I was looking at this politically-incorrect map of Baltimore:

http://i.imgur.com/kSVMQ.jpg

Canton is described as "Bros." I take it that implies White? Is it single or young couples? (P.S. Towson is also full of bros -- how is Canton different from Towson?)

Also, there's a place titled "Micro-Asia." Is it near the Cathedral, or around Johns Hopkins?

Old 10-14-2014, 05:48 PM

Naw "Bro"...we have dropped the "o" and just say Bruh now! You know we are constantly re-engineering words. Lol! "Dude" and "Main Man" is still used as slanglistics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
wow.. now I have read everything...."Bro" has gone from being a term that many African Americans used to greet each other in the 70s and 80s to being a universal term of endearment... Next thing you know "my Ninja" will replace a not so nice slur.. oh wait...I guess terms like "man", "dude" and "Homie" have been officially retired....

Old 10-14-2014, 05:49 PM

What the hell is a female Bro? Smh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanhvtnymd View Post
Pretty sure bros can be any race, but are typically white males. There can also be female bros. And women who just like to hang around bros. NPR had an entire, hilarious article about this topic about a year ago.

Old 10-15-2014, 12:02 AM

103 posts, read 325,353 times
The way I'd define "bro" and the way I see most people in my circles use it is basically "obnoxious young white men who drink too much, and either sexually harass you (if they find you to be an attractive woman) or hold you in general contempt (if you're female and not "hot")". They're dumber than a box of rocks but think they know everything. And yes, O'Donnell St. on any evening is indeed full of bros.

I've found Baltimore to be a very friendly place with only two exceptions-- Canton and Hampden.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:28 AM

Now, that's not nice to say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootless_in_va View Post
The way I'd define "bro" and the way I see most people in my circles use it is basically "obnoxious young white men who drink too much, and either sexually harass you (if they find you to be an attractive woman) or hold you in general contempt (if you're female and not "hot")". They're dumber than a box of rocks but think they know everything. And yes, O'Donnell St. on any evening is indeed full of bros.

I've found Baltimore to be a very friendly place with only two exceptions-- Canton and Hampden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore