Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 04:00 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,211,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
A mulatto wannabe?
Wasn't he born that way?

The 2014 elections in Maryland
bring to the fore the Confederate
underbelly that still makes Maryland
a Southern state despite Mid-Atlantic
affiliations. The subtle voter mandate
involves keeping a black face out of the
top place. White supremacy is alive and
well at the polls in Maryland and the black
lackeys that voted for Hogan need to outstretch
palms wide enough to catch the crumbs that MIGHT fall from his table.

A glass of black whine, spo-de-o-dee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 05:00 PM

109 posts, read 118,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Smh I feel your disappointment.
That's actually historically the norm. Don't worry, those same apathetic youths will be voting religiously when the kids, the prescription medicine bills, and the property taxes come along.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:09 PM

109 posts, read 118,957 times
Quote:
A mulatto wannabe?
Wasn't he born that way?

The 2014 elections in Maryland
bring to the fore the Confederate
underbelly that still makes Maryland
a Southern state despite Mid-Atlantic
affiliations. The subtle voter mandate
involves keeping a black face out of the
top place. White supremacy is alive and
well at the polls in Maryland and the black
lackeys that voted for Hogan need to outstretch
palms wide enough to catch the crumbs that MIGHT .
Actually, being a mulatto is just as much a choice as being black or white. Brown chose to downplay race to an extreme extent, so much so (albeit implicit) that he appeared to painfully not want to be seen as black, and to not even identify as such. And at the same time, he wanted to tout the "first black governor" line to blacks and use all this historic, civil rights mumbo to justify them voting for him. Completely transparent and not a good move. May just be perception of him, but bad move still to ignore those possible perceptions.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:07 PM

226 posts, read 361,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sittilove View Post
That's actually historically the norm. Don't worry, those same apathetic youths will be voting religiously when the kids, the prescription medicine bills, and the property taxes come along.
Nope i got all 3 of those and still didnt. I thought Heather Mizzeur had some fresh ideas, dont know if they would have worked but i would have liked to see her try. I may vote in the mayoral election if there is a candidate worth voting for but i doubt it. I didnt vote in the last one because none of candidates had any fresh ideas about how to improve the city. Im just hoping people wake up and realize that these politicians are not working for us like they are supposed to. We need a real democracy not a republic. People should be able to vote on their cellphones. This whole system makes no sense and only serves the elites. Power is rarely if ever given away and is usually taken. Anything short of a bloody revolution will be more of the same. I know that sounds bad but thats just how screwed every common person globally is. Globally every common person is getting screwed by their so called elected officials some worse than others. We need to find common ground and realize their are people controlling things that are not at all in our best interests. Seriously there are more than enough resources to go around for everyone to eat and have basic housing, energy, transportation, education, and healthcare. Everytime there is someone or some organization whom has the power to unite people for the common good they are bought, blackmailed or killed. My only solution is to work with others locally to try and improve your local community or regardless of if govt helps you or not. I dont know i guess im apathetic, sorry for the rant.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:19 PM

759 posts, read 1,349,605 times
Quote:
Actually, being a mulatto is just as much a choice as being black or white. Brown chose to downplay race to an extreme extent, so much so (albeit implicit) that he appeared to painfully not want to be seen as black, and to not even identify as such. And at the same time, he wanted to tout the "first black governor" line to blacks and use all this historic, civil rights mumbo to justify them voting for him. Completely transparent and not a good move. May just be perception of him, but bad move still to ignore those possible perceptions.
Unfortunately for Mr. Brown, he seems to have used the "first black governor" tactic at the same time as the "first black President's" popularity is at an all time low. Having had Obama and Michelle campaign for him certainly did not help-nearly every interview I have heard with winning candidates and their supporters indicate that voters turned out to vote against Obama, his policies and his party. I guess mid-term elections really do count after all, something the Democratic party seem to have vastly underestimated this time around.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:06 PM

42 posts, read 56,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by designer_genes View Post
I'm more depressed that 13% of people under 30 voted nationwide than I am about the actual results of the election.

My generation is an embarrassment.
LOL. I know how you feel. I asked my friend if he was voting and he asked "For what?"

Old 11-05-2014, 09:13 PM

42 posts, read 56,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianator View Post
Being from that same generation, it truly is sad. As I always tell people that complain about the government, "if you don't vote you get the government you deserve!"
I always find it upsetting that a lot of people I see complaining, are the ones who don't vote. I often find no sympathy, If you don't like it and want them out of office, you'll have to wait till their term is over and actually do something

Old 11-06-2014, 02:45 PM

777 posts, read 874,209 times
Quote:
Um, white people made the rules regarding racial
identity. One drop of black blood makes you black
regardless of how you identify yourself.

Because mulattos had white blood they were traditionally
used by whites as gatekeepers in the black community.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:48 PM

777 posts, read 874,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
A glass of black whine, spo-de-o-dee.
Let me guess. Your favorite whine is white
(goes well with codfish).

Old 11-06-2014, 03:57 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,211,810 times
Quote:
Let me guess. Your favorite whine is white
(goes well with codfish).
Especially when I see "polar bear hunting," Eric Holder not uttering a peep about it, and the mainstream media burying the incidents on page 96 if they report them at all.

But I no longer whine about folks pulling the tattered, battered, worn-out race card despite 45 yrs. of quotas, set-asides, and lowered expectations on standardized tests. Doesn't do any good to whine about the permanent entitlement mindset. It's solidly fixed into our culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: