Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2014, 01:34 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,424,997 times

Advertisements

*If you've seen this man running throughout Baltimore City and County, he was attacked by a pack of savages in Woodlawn (Hoodlawn)! Let me grab my Glock!

Baltimore 'Running Man' attacked during run - Baltimore Sun

Baltimore 'Running Man' attacked during run

Keith Boissiere, known to many as Baltimore's "Running Man," while out for a run in 2006. (Lloyd Fox / Baltimore Sun)

By Justin George, The Baltimore Sun contact the reporter

A man many locals know as Baltimore's "Running Man" was attacked while on one of his usual runs but escaped and was not seriously hurt.
Over the past two days, hundreds of people have commented on Facebook posts or retweeted tweets alleging Keith Boissiere had been attacked in Baltimore while out for a run. Several posts said people had heard that Boissiere had been seriously hurt, and many residents were outraged.
"Damn they beat up the Running Man," one tweet said. "Baltimore ruthless."

A Baltimore police report confirmed that Boissiere was attacked on Thursday in Southwest Baltimore. Police say he was running in the 2700 block of Wilkens Ave. in the Millhill neighborhood at about 3:30 p.m. when someone came up to him and punched him several times in the left eye. The attack left Boissiere with a small laceration, police said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 02:03 PM

389 posts, read 427,159 times
I was extremely mad when I first heard about being attacked. Tired of all this violent behavior from folks in this city.

Old 11-18-2014, 03:32 PM

13,371 posts, read 27,044,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
*If you've seen this man running throughout Baltimore City and County, he was attacked by a pack of savages in Woodlawn (Hoodlawn)! Let me grab my Glock!
I am sorry Boissiere was hurt, but 2700 Wilkins avenue is not Woodlawn. They called it Mill Hill, and it is a couple of miles from Woodlawn.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:41 PM

759 posts, read 1,357,226 times
The Running Man has become a Baltimore Institution, tho' I don't see him as often as I used to. This man has been known to run from Baltimore to D.C. and back in a single outing. Well known, low-key, local celebrity. I've spoken to him in the past when I used to live on St. Paul St many years ago: a shy, humble, unassuming guy who bothers no-one. Don't know why anyone would want to hurt him. Hope they catch his attackers and that he is alright.

Old 11-18-2014, 08:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,614 times
This is a link to my facebook page I am organizing a run/walk in mr. Keith's honor. Please like the page and share it with you're friends and family if you would like to participate.

[url]Www.Facebook.com/RunForTheMan[/url]

Old 11-19-2014, 09:54 AM

10,109 posts, read 9,971,621 times
He should have an Under Armour endorsement.

Old 11-19-2014, 11:04 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,424,997 times
The man got beat up, walked out of hospital and started running again. He's from Trinidad, those West Indians are HARDCORE!!!! I know, my grandfather was from the Islands. He reminds me of a West Indian Forrest Gump.."Go Forrest Go!" Lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: