Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 02:56 AM

661 posts, read 1,248,324 times

Advertisements

Is it Liberty Heights? I've just been curious about that area. I don't believe the school has a dorm so in case a person wants to attend that school, what apartment complex would make sense in that area? If housing is cheap enough then is that area considered "affordable"?

Old 12-16-2014, 03:23 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,104,726 times
Use this link to go to a map of Baltimore neighborhoods. Click on the map to get a blown up version.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._neighborhoods

Nearest I can figure, BCCC overlaps into the neighborhoods of Hanlon Park, Hanlon Longwood, or Burleith Leighton. You could expand your search for an apartment to other neighborhoods as bus and metro service to that area is excellent.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:45 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,424,997 times
Those you hoods' you mentioned are rough!!! They encircle Mondawmin Mall and ALL the hood drama that follows it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
Use this link to go to a map of Baltimore neighborhoods. Click on the map to get a blown up version.

List of Baltimore neighborhoods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nearest I can figure, BCCC overlaps into the neighborhoods of Hanlon Park, Hanlon Longwood, or Burleith Leighton. You could expand your search for an apartment to other neighborhoods as bus and metro service to that area is excellent.

Old 12-16-2014, 11:25 PM

759 posts, read 1,357,226 times
BCCC is Liberty Heights/Ashburton/Lower Western Park Heights. Got my Nursing degree there (only well regarded school they have). It's a commuter campus. Never heard of anyone relocating to that area just for school.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:15 AM

It's what I heard as well regarding their Nursing program. All it is to "nurse" someone (i.e. take care of someone) basically then again they make you take all kinds of stuff you don't need.

I live in an apartment so relocating could be an option if I were to attend BCCC. I've thought of it or perhaps simply move to a new state. i'd prefer to hop on to the campus rather than commuting to see trash along the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.K. View Post
BCCC is Liberty Heights/Ashburton/Lower Western Park Heights. Got my Nursing degree there (only well regarded school they have). It's a commuter campus. Never heard of anyone relocating to that area just for school.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:20 AM

I've never step foot in the BCCC campus but from the surrounding areas of it, the school seem to have hood drama as well if I'm not mistaken. After all it's 13th grade (aka community college). My other option is really to move out of state away from this side of the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
Those you hoods' you mentioned are rough!!! They encircle Mondawmin Mall and ALL the hood drama that follows it.

Old 12-17-2014, 03:48 AM

1,973 posts, read 6,809,455 times
Default Trivia

A hood depends on time and place. The BCCC Liberty Heights campus was one of the early sites of Park School, the private school that began on Auchentolory Terrace (across from Druid Hill Park) and now is located in Brooklandville, off Old Court Road.

Old 12-17-2014, 04:18 AM

My cousin got her nursing degree at Johns Hopkins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.K. View Post

Old 12-17-2014, 04:24 AM

The Ashburton community is a we bit far from the school if you ask me. My grandfather lived in Ashburton for years.

Good history tidbit! Thanks!! But now, that hood is around the circumference school is dangerous! Some of the students who attend the school are dangerous. I walked past the school one day, on the bust stop were children openly smoking marijuana 20 yards from the school. They're have been robberies and other nefarious shenanigans taking place around that college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barante View Post
A hood depends on time and place. The BCCC Liberty Heights campus was one of the early sites of Park School, the private school that began on Auchentolory Terrace (across from Druid Hill Park) and now is located in Brooklandville, off Old Court Road.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:52 AM

759 posts, read 1,357,226 times
College students smoking marijuana?! My God, that's a new one! What is this country coming to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore