Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 03:52 PM

934 posts, read 1,052,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steppinthrax View Post
I'm an Atheist as well!!!!!

However, I do believe people that are religious tend to (not always) have some sort of ORDER and BOTTOM LINE. So they are not going to break into your car to steal the 20 cents of change on your front seat.
Really? Religious people are less likely to commit crimes? What about all of the atrocities committed regularly in the name of religion? Religiosity =/= morality. That is an extremely misguided and narrow view. Someone's religion or lack thereof has zero bearing on their moral character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 10:35 AM

850 posts, read 1,122,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by designer_genes View Post
Really? Religious people are less likely to commit crimes? What about all of the atrocities committed regularly in the name of religion? Religiosity =/= morality. That is an extremely misguided and narrow view. Someone's religion or lack thereof has zero bearing on their moral character.
In my previous post I stated "tend to (not always)".

Most of the folk I'm around are very family oriented. They are strict for their kids and in general conservative. They know that I'm not religious, and they respect that. During the spring and summer months the county has a calendar of events. There are "mostly free" family events almost every weekend, for the most part almost every day of the week. I think this type of thing is not really present in Baltimore because of the atypical family situation (single female headed households etc...). People also tend to work 7 days of the week.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpark View Post
He's unhappy with his 1 hour + commute to carpet bag in DC, so he wants to rain on Baltimore
LOLOLOL

I work from home 3 days a week....

I also don't have a 1hr commute.

I also have free parking.

I'm pretty happy where I am......

Old 01-29-2015, 11:24 AM

2,991 posts, read 4,269,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by designer_genes View Post
You might want to read up on this topic before posting such a maxim so dogmatically. Here is a meta-analysis to get you started: “If You Love Me, Keep My Commandments”: A Meta-Analysis of the Effect of Religion on Crime

Old 01-29-2015, 01:43 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,446,064 times
Quote:
LOLOLOL

I work from home 3 days a week....

I also don't have a 1hr commute.

I also have free parking.

I'm pretty happy where I am......
I don't believe a word of this. You are sooo happy, you got to come **** on folks that like living, working, playing in Baltimore.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I don't believe a word of this. You are sooo happy, you got to come **** on folks that like living, working, playing in Baltimore.
That's fine

LOL

Old 01-29-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
That's fine

LOL
As well as you know Baltimore and as much as you step on your dick in this forum, you're probably posting from mom's basement.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
As well as you know Baltimore and as much as you step on your dick in this forum, you're probably posting from mom's basement.
Yeah your abs right. I'm sitting in my mom's basement right now with my 2 kids and wife, sitting here posting on city data....

I think you busted me.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:41 PM

934 posts, read 1,052,717 times
Quote:
In my previous post I stated "tend to (not always)".

Most of the folk I'm around are very family oriented. They are strict for their kids and in general conservative. They know that I'm not religious, and they respect that. During the spring and summer months the county has a calendar of events. There are "mostly free" family events almost every weekend, for the most part almost every day of the week. I think this type of thing is not really present in Baltimore because of the atypical family situation (single female headed households etc...). People also tend to work 7 days of the week.
Okay, so strictly traditional conservative nuclear families who don't have to work too hard to provide for their kids are the only ones that live moral lives and everyone else can go scratch because they aren't worth the gum on your shoe. Got it.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Yeah your abs right. I'm sitting in my mom's basement right now with my 2 kids and wife, sitting here posting on city data....

I think you busted me.
I just knew it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore