Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 05:36 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,511,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by element92788 View Post
Hello Maomran,

Where did you end up moving. I am in a similar situation, moving to Baltimore end of January working in the same area. Just wondering where you ended up moving and how you like it. Trying to get a feel of the area. I am in the same age range looking for a safe, fun place to live that is not too expensive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Canton, Highlandtown, Greektown, etc. are still going to be the most fun (and closest.) Parkville, Overlea, etc. might offer a quieter, more suburban, environment. Hamilton/Lauraville would be an unconventional option. I still say that driving in from Towson is more trouble than it is worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 819 times
Great thread! I'm moving from FL to work at same place Feb 1 startup. Did they help or advise you in any way what to expect week 1? Where to live? I'm flying in to Baltimore next week looking for 1/1 same criteria! Please fill me in on what you decided �� We may be working together .

Old 01-08-2016, 06:32 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,424,137 times
Quote:
I have never been before so I have no idea what to expect!
*You need to come visit first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maomran View Post
Hello,

I know that there are a few threads of people asking for advice on were to live in Baltimore, but I couldn't find what I was looking for so I am creating another one.

Anyway I am a new college grad and I just accepted a job offer in Baltimore. I have never been before so I have no idea what to expect! I don't know what the average apartment cost is but I will be making around $47,000 so I would like to find a place that fits my salary.

The location of my new job is 2010 Broening Hwy, Baltimore, MD 21224. I have no idea what of Baltimore that is. I think its somewhere between Dundalk and Canton.

I would like to live somewhere that is relatively safe and is no more than a 30-45 min drive to work.

I would really appreciate any recommendation on areas where I should live and areas I should avoid.

Thank you so much!!!!

Old 01-08-2016, 06:34 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,424,137 times
Parkville/Overlea is redneck/hillbilly territory! Who in their right mind seeks to be around a community like that unless they are hillbillies or rednecks?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwduvall View Post
Canton, Highlandtown, Greektown, etc. are still going to be the most fun (and closest.) Parkville, Overlea, etc. might offer a quieter, more suburban, environment. Hamilton/Lauraville would be an unconventional option. I still say that driving in from Towson is more trouble than it is worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore