Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 04:23 AM

450 posts, read 798,283 times

Advertisements

Governor Hogan could make a public appearance with a contingent of National Guardsmen in full battle rattle and announce that temporary morgue facilities are being set up in the event the rioting , looting and burning continues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 04:59 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,473,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Two wrongs don't make a right...
Do you know how much better the would be, in general, if everyone had these 6 or 7 words in the forefront of their minds?

Old 04-28-2015, 05:12 AM

43,620 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
All for a dead drug dealer..

Breaking windows of the gallery,
Attacking random motorist, tourist going to the baseball game.
Destroying random cars...
try to rush into camden yards.
Tossing fences at the cops..
Blocking people from getting to and from work and or generally living their daily lives..

Live on WBAL right for a few hours, FoxNews had the national coverage.
I'm assuming CNN and NBC isn't seeing anything that they are wanting to share cause it's going against their narrative.

I'm sure this will clear up by Monday just in time for them get back to work......LOLOLLOL

If only they were this motivated for the other 200+ murders every year.
It's entertaining.
This isn't surprising but this is in no way justified.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:48 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,371,286 times
To all the rioters and looters out there...how exactly is trashing all the houses and businesses going to help the situation? If you have legitimate complaints (and you do) and your response is to act like a gang of thugs and loot and burn and destroy, you tend to lose all credibility. Also you open the door for ignorant racists to spew #$%$ like 'See? They're animals!' and close their ears and turn their heads away and nothing ever changes. Now you'll have a trashed city where large parts may never recover...or at least take years to do so, which leads me to ask again, how is all that supposed to help the situation?

Old 04-28-2015, 05:55 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesInDC View Post
Blake has shown horrible leadership here, just horrible.
What has she "shown"? From my perspective, she has been busy hiding. Completely inept to not consider this was very possibly going to get out of control.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:57 AM

613 posts, read 462,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgeorgiaman View Post
While I understand your point...stooping to this level is not helping. Insinuating all blacks are like this feeds the racism monsters. There are plenty speaking out against this violence.
Beyond annoying that people are so quick to throw ALL black people on the same boat whenever some crap like this happens. Must be easy being a racist online.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:11 AM

123 posts, read 203,464 times
MOVE out of Charmless City while you still can, property values have probably gone down since this stuff started. Years ago was a tax paying property owner for many years in Baltimore when Schaeffer/DuBurns/Schmoke were mayors. It was bad enough back then, the crab cake has CRUMBLED!!!

Old 04-28-2015, 06:14 AM

318 posts, read 761,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticVillage View Post
In all honesty, I understand the rage of the rioters. They are rioting because they know that they could easily become the next Freddie Gray.
Oh give me a break. The ones who are rioting and looting are NOT the ones who were protesting. Lets distinguish between the two. The overwhelming majority of those rioting and looting were of student age, young teenage criminals who took advantage of mayor Blake who neutered the law enforcement's response to crime. The powers to be even urged on TV for parents to call their kids and get them home since they are one ones acting out. They are not in rage; look at all the photos and videos taken and you will see these criminals with smiles on their face throwing up gang signs. Who else saw the guy dancing on top of the truck, or the one who was acting like a maestro when the liqour store was being looted?

Breaking into and stealing clothing from Mondawmin Mall, liqour stores, a cell phone store and burning down a church and a CVS is not the response from those fearing excessive force by the hands of law enforcement. Wake Up.

Last edited by tgs_bg; 04-28-2015 at 06:23 AM..

Old 04-28-2015, 06:21 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Beyond annoying that people are so quick to throw ALL black people on the same boat whenever some crap like this happens. Must be easy being a racist online.
Most are not throwing all Blacks into the group. But Just like Muslims killing Muslims, people realize most are peaceful but there is a whole segment of the group who are extremely violent. Blacks are much like the Muslim extremist, a large number killing their own kind and burning down their own community.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:26 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,544,859 times
Seeing what's happening in Baltimore makes me sad. I've lived in Los Angeles my entire life, and I'll never forget the 1992 riots. One scene in particular keeps playing in my head: A black man in tears, standing outside his burned out store, saying: "I come from the ghetto, too!" This is what those brats are doing.

I wish the media would stop glorifying all of this; maybe then things would calm down. In L.A. the media was responsible for much of what happened after the first day, because it became evident that the police couldn't contain the situation at all. If the media started calling them brats or dumb kids or whatever, maybe doing this wouldn't seem so attractive to impressionable kids. As for anyone over 18, they should be arrested but again, stop giving them attention! Being an anti-hero is not something to aspire to, but when you have nothing else it starts to look like a viable option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore