Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 09:30 AM

219 posts, read 404,691 times

Advertisements

I just re-read my first couple posts in this thread (http://www.city-data.com/forum/balti...hanged-me.html)

Their behavior is easily the worst part about living here. I actually like most other things about the area...I'll probably move to a lilly white part of Towson soon... I'm sick of all the violent, low-class, degenerate BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 11:58 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,466,730 times
You could always ignore folks you don't like and concentrate on your own affairs.

Old 05-26-2015, 12:53 PM

16,478 posts, read 10,495,841 times
I'm guessing that recent events in Baltimore, involving the people who were the subject of your previous thread, have done nothing to change the opinions you expressed therein, am I right?

Old 05-27-2015, 07:47 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,083,649 times
baltplanner,

I would really like to know what exactly is the city government thinking at the moment. What are their plans to make the city better?

Old 05-29-2015, 08:40 AM

934 posts, read 1,057,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardlx View Post
You could always ignore folks you don't like and concentrate on your own affairs.
This seems like a difficult thing to do for a lot of people on this forum.

If they ignore them, who are they going to judge? What are they going to complain about? Their lives will be so empty!

Old 05-29-2015, 08:55 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,394,471 times
"Their" equating to violent, low-class, degenerate people of African descent correct (e.g. African Americans)?

Black people and their maladjusted behavior is a problem in Baltimore correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltplanner View Post
I just re-read my first couple posts in this thread (http://www.city-data.com/forum/balti...hanged-me.html)

Their behavior is easily the worst part about living here. I actually like most other things about the area...I'll probably move to a lilly white part of Towson soon... I'm sick of all the violent, low-class, degenerate BS.

Old 05-29-2015, 09:03 AM

"More than 50 years after the civil rights movement white’s in government offices in states like Maryland, New York, and Connecticut have provided every opportunity they can think off to make amends for the history of black slavery and oppression.."

***Ok! This is a stone cold joke to begin with!!! First, whites in government offices can never make amends for the history of a black slavery/holocaust and oppression. If you thoroughly, with precision reticulation, study the dynamics and experiences about people of African descent in the Americas (particularly the US), you'd might re-evaluate your statement. Secondly, if you think the American Civil Rights Movement entailed the upward mobility and advancement of ALL African Americans, you've been sadly mis-educated (like most of us) on what that whole process was about.

Quote:

Old 05-29-2015, 09:08 AM

What about the low class, degenerate behavior and backwards thinking of Baltimore's so-called intelligentsia and political elites. Violence comes in all forms!!! Not just physical violence, but institutional and structural violence that has a far more devastating and long lasting effects than the physical ailments.

Quote:

Old 05-29-2015, 09:46 AM

16,478 posts, read 10,495,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
"Their" equating to violent, low-class, degenerate people of African descent correct (e.g. African Americans)?

Black people and their maladjusted behavior is a problem in Baltimore correct?
SOME -- not all, not most, but some -- black people and their maladjusted behavior most certainly is a problem in Baltimore. Surely you would not deny this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
First, whites in government offices can never make amends for the history of a black slavery/holocaust and oppression.
In your opinion, is it necessary for white people as a group, or any subset of the current white population, to make amends for slavery/discrimination/etc.? And if so, is it possible? If not, then are you saying that black people, as a group, will never be able to forgive/forget/get over slavery/discrimination/etc.? I don't want to put words in your mouth that you did not speak, but given your statement above, I would be interested in any clarifying or amplifying remarks you may wish to make.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:46 AM

Naw, you're fine. Thanks for asking.

I'm not denying that this phenomena doesn't exist in the so-called African American community, but, this I feel, is a microcosm of a larger, more systemic and scientific problems.

It's not necessary for white folks to make amends on something they barely have an genuine understanding of. Not ALL white folks were slave-holding profiteers, looking to hunt, sell, murder, castrate or experiment on people of African descent. It is necessary, in my humble opinion, that "they" (both whites and blacks) intellectually arm themselves with knowledge, historical and correct narratives. You're not going to get it from CNN, FOX, MSNBC or at your local watering hole/bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
SOME -- not all, not most, but some -- black people and their maladjusted behavior most certainly is a problem in Baltimore. Surely you would not deny this!

In your opinion, is it necessary for white people as a group, or any subset of the current white population, to make amends for slavery/discrimination/etc.? And if so, is it possible? If not, then are you saying that black people, as a group, will never be able to forgive/forget/get over slavery/discrimination/etc.? I don't want to put words in your mouth that you did not speak, but given your statement above, I would be interested in any clarifying or amplifying remarks you may wish to make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: