Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 08:00 PM

757 posts, read 2,544,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by myselfdotcom View Post
Baltimore market is different from them Cleveland, or Miami market.
Every real estate market claims to be different...then they find out that they're not so different after all. If prices exceed incomes and it's difficult to get a loan, prices are going to fall. I'm sure they were claiming to be different in Arizona and Florida, due to all of the retiring baby boomers who would move there and cause housing values to rise for years to come. Now they're trying to figure out what to do with all of the vacant subdivisions.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:14 PM

915 posts, read 3,170,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy_d View Post
Every real estate market claims to be different...then they find out that they're not so different after all. If prices exceed incomes and it's difficult to get a loan, prices are going to fall. I'm sure they were claiming to be different in Arizona and Florida, due to all of the retiring baby boomers who would move there and cause housing values to rise for years to come. Now they're trying to figure out what to do with all of the vacant subdivisions.
ya if all the government whitehouse, feds , nasa, SS, SSA, forts decided to move out of MD,DC,VA area..other than that no you are wrong

Old 02-07-2008, 09:45 PM

757 posts, read 2,544,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myselfdotcom View Post
ya if all the government whitehouse, feds , nasa, SS, SSA, forts decided to move out of MD,DC,VA area..other than that no you are wrong
You're partly right. The Chesapeake region may be more immune to the business cycle than most other regions. However, if the economy goes into recession, as it appears to be doing, tax revenues will drop and the government will be forced to make cuts.

Having the federal government nearby also does not make MD immune to the simple fact that if the average house costs more than the average family can afford, that price is not sustainable.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:51 PM

915 posts, read 3,170,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy_d View Post
You're partly right. The Chesapeake region may be more immune to the business cycle than most other regions. However, if the economy goes into recession, as it appears to be doing, tax revenues will drop and the government will be forced to make cuts.

Having the federal government nearby also does not make MD immune to the simple fact that if the average house costs more than the average family can afford, that price is not sustainable.
Cuts yes but the impact on it will be bare minimum. First of all, you have to understand our infrastructure is like 30 years old. There is always upgrades, retrofit, green field build out. Second of all, this is the Capital area, there is always critical infrastructure.
I do partly agreed with you on the Chesapeake region as it's more tourist area.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:26 PM

12 posts, read 55,927 times
I am still in the real estate industry here and would love to network with you. This slow market hasn't killed us all! I love Baltimore City and own numerous properties here.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:17 AM

18 posts, read 133,802 times
Which is the best way to investment in Baltimore.
Buy and hold or rehab and sell.
Is ıt possible to find rental investments with good return. As far as I see rent to price ratio is low in Baltimore below %1, so I wonder how somebody can get cash flow.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:11 AM

12 posts, read 55,927 times
You can get good return on investment from rentals if you buy in the right neighborhoods and for the right price. You have to know the numbers and areas. I have one house that I make $500 a month off a $850 mortgage. That's good, right? Another is $500 a month positive off $1700. Not quite as nice but still good. I can go on and on but these should suffice. - and you can buy with good cashflow in place. I looked at a place for 38k (yes, really) with 750 a month rent just this past week.

So to answer your question, do both or pick one. I would not just rehab and sell in this market. That's how some folks have lost your shirt. My current strategy is to rehab and sell IF the numbers work to keep it as a rental IF it doesn't sell.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:23 AM

6 posts, read 15,366 times
Default Looking for Investors/Rehabbers in PG County

I am looking for a few more investors/rehabbers to build relationships with in funding deals in Capitol Heights and Lanham MD.

I work with a realtor to let you know that up front.

I am not a realtor but work with her to find wholesale deals that make economic sense for someone looking to do their own rehab work or someone who plans to rehab the work by contracting it out.

I look at 50% ARV when analyzing the deal with exit strategies like buy, repair, rent (Sec 8) or buy, repair, resell for example.

I work with an experienced group of people so any questions you have will be answered to your satisfaction before going forward.

These are all cash deals and need to close ASAP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: