Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 02:22 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,266,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 112 View Post
Yeah, that costs way too much money for no reason. Pittsburgh and Cleveland are much nicer. Theres a reason that pro football players come from here and not there, too much entitlement there.
That makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 11:40 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,960,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCOriolesfan View Post
That makes no sense.
Nothing he/she has said makes any sense. And rust belt cities are economically depressed. Youngstown Ohio? Really. I just singled that one out. This guy is a typical right wing quack.

My biggest problem with the area is living in North Central Baltimore County (As I have almost my entire life with the exception of 4 years in the City) I can't escape these right wing quacks. They are everywhere. And they are constantly making dumb comments. And they are well off, and often educated.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:21 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,509,525 times
Quote:
Yeah, that costs way too much money for no reason. Pittsburgh and Cleveland are much nicer. Theres a reason that pro football players come from here and not there, too much entitlement there.
Sometimes I suspect that there are only a couple of anti-Baltimore trolls. They pop up every now and then with a brand new account and then disappear without a trace. The strange thing is that there is plenty to criticize about Baltimore, but these guys (probably guys) make complaints that are way to wild broad to do anything with them. Come to think of it, maybe the President is the miscellaneous troll?!!! Wouldn't that be an honor for our little board!

Old 03-09-2017, 07:05 PM

3,765 posts, read 4,098,638 times
The president trolling on the Baltimore board? Couldn't be; none of the posts were written at around 3am. Maybe it is Martin O' Malley. It would be the most productive thing he has done in over 30 years.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:31 AM

22 posts, read 24,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger 68 View Post
Nothing he/she has said makes any sense. And rust belt cities are economically depressed. Youngstown Ohio? Really. I just singled that one out. This guy is a typical right wing quack.

My biggest problem with the area is living in North Central Baltimore County (As I have almost my entire life with the exception of 4 years in the City) I can't escape these right wing quacks. They are everywhere. And they are constantly making dumb comments. And they are well off, and often educated.
Actually i make < 20 grand a year and am a homeowner with all my bills and property taxes up to date. Im a registered democrat. This would not be mathematically possible in baltimore, as property taxes are higher in the hood then in your lovely ____hole of north baltimore county. You are correct about the right wing quacks, thats one of the reasons i left. But do some research, and then get back to me and tell me if i was correct or not.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:49 AM

and if that poster actually lived in the city he could see why my complaints are valid. the poor in that area are neglected while the rich spit on baltimore city and continue to make it harder and harder for the people there to survive. in Youngstown, i dont see angry people on the streets with visible diseases on their body due to neglect, we are just poor. Baltimore and Maryland does not care about its residents, Ohio does things much better. PA does also.

Old 03-11-2017, 06:29 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,090,492 times
Quote:
and if that poster actually lived in the city he could see why my complaints are valid. the poor in that area are neglected while the rich spit on baltimore city and continue to make it harder and harder for the people there to survive. in Youngstown, i dont see angry people on the streets with visible diseases on their body due to neglect, we are just poor. Baltimore and Maryland does not care about its residents, Ohio does things much better. PA does also.
Who are the rich in this circumstance? I just don't think people care enough in general in Baltimore, since unification is established primarily by neighborhood. There is just not enough opportunity in the city for all people, and those who have money earn it outside of the city.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Who are the rich in this circumstance? I just don't think people care enough in general in Baltimore, since unification is established primarily by neighborhood. There is just not enough opportunity in the city for all people, and those who have money earn it outside of the city.
Please do me a favor and go to a local bar and listen to 50 year old republican snots complain about the city. Nobody wins. The poor in the city cant own their homes so they are owned by the rich in the suburbs who collect the rent money and the poor rent, live with roaches, and cant escape. Then the rich act like they are doing them a favor because those people are living off of MD discounted programs when in reality if the cost of living was the way it should be nobody would need that assistance. That area has abandoned and neglected its once beautiful city and it never had to be that way. The joke really is on the rich when their newly constructed ryan home that they paid 612,500 for begins to crumble in 20 years because it was made with cheap material. And my 1970s brick home that i paid 29,000 for is still standing and i paid out a lot less money over the years. And don't tell me i don't know what im talking about. I have close friends from all walks of life, from people who make 6 figures to people still stuck in Baltimore living off of 60 dollars in cash assistance and 180 in food stamps per month

Old 03-12-2017, 12:23 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,090,492 times
Quote:
Please do me a favor and go to a local bar and listen to 50 year old republican snots complain about the city. Nobody wins. The poor in the city cant own their homes so they are owned by the rich in the suburbs who collect the rent money and the poor rent, live with roaches, and cant escape. Then the rich act like they are doing them a favor because those people are living off of MD discounted programs when in reality if the cost of living was the way it should be nobody would need that assistance. That area has abandoned and neglected its once beautiful city and it never had to be that way. The joke really is on the rich when their newly constructed ryan home that they paid 612,500 for begins to crumble in 20 years because it was made with cheap material. And my 1970s brick home that i paid 29,000 for is still standing and i paid out a lot less money over the years. And don't tell me i don't know what im talking about. I have close friends from all walks of life, from people who make 6 figures to people still stuck in Baltimore living off of 60 dollars in cash assistance and 180 in food stamps per month
Again, what is your point? Making sweeping generalizations about the rich do not accurately explain how Baltimore evolved into its current circumstances.

Old 03-14-2017, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Again, what is your point? Making sweeping generalizations about the rich do not accurately explain how Baltimore evolved into its current circumstances.
how does it not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore