Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 06:05 PM

675 posts, read 717,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
http://http://www.baltimoresun.com/n...211-story.htmlHe is a good choice. Might want to check out Embry. She has extensive experience in the criminal justice fields.
Criminal justice experience in Baltimore is meaningless. I have been there and done that. You meet and discuss, meet and discuss, meet and discuss crime for ever. There are many professionals in the criminal justice system and in the field of substance abuse who have tried endlessly to solve the problems of crime in Baltimore. It hasn't worked. Other states set a limit on how many children you can have and still receive financial support from the state. I don't think Maryland is one of them. As long as we have liberal democrats in Maryland, and admittedly I have been one of them, we will continue to have crime in Baltimore. The laws in this state clearly favors criminals and that mentality needs to change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 06:16 PM

675 posts, read 717,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
People have to be mentally prepared for work (work ethic) before any workforce training is implemented. If you're coming to my company tatted down, piercings, earings in tongue, unkept hair, clothes, smelling bad and things of that nature; who will hire you??!!!
Good point. My wife and I both worked in job readiness programs back in the 80's when president Carter was in office. I had the ability to give individuals work permits and easy access to jobs which required very little transportation. Most of the jobs were right in Baltimore City. We were also able to give individuals bus tokens for a month. The qualifications for keeping the job were simple; be to work on time and do not miss more than three days in a month. My program had only one individual who completed these requirements successfully. I heard every excuse imaginable for not going to work. I think things have improved since then.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:45 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,076,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debold4215 View Post
Criminal justice experience in Baltimore is meaningless. I have been there and done that. You meet and discuss, meet and discuss, meet and discuss crime for ever. There are many professionals in the criminal justice system and in the field of substance abuse who have tried endlessly to solve the problems of crime in Baltimore. It hasn't worked. Other states set a limit on how many children you can have and still receive financial support from the state. I don't think Maryland is one of them. As long as we have liberal democrats in Maryland, and admittedly I have been one of them, we will continue to have crime in Baltimore. The laws in this state clearly favors criminals and that mentality needs to change.
I disagree. While liberal policies have tend to keep the poor stagnant, the last thing Baltimore needs is Republican politics. In the case for Embry, A resident of Waverly (Who is more apt to push for change), she is a criminal prosecutor for the State. She worked on projects in NYC turning vacants into homes. She understands the inner ropes of the Baltimore criminal justice system. I'm not making an endorsement, just sprouting her resume.

In my previous post, The Baltimore Sun posted an article based on the candidates crime plans. Out of all the candidates, the consensus was that Embry's was the most detailed, most concise and articulated than the other candidates. When I took a glance at the crime plans, her experience was shown through her 'penmanship'. Unlike Mosby's, Dixon, ect, she explained HOW she was going to implement her policies, not just "We will do community policing, gain trust to those who do not snitch anyway, ect ect.

And what Baltimore really needs is a mayor who has a plan, sticks to the details and carries out the details. So in this case, she is an attractive option.

P.S. We are both from Irvington so I understand why one can become frustrated with liberal policies.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:31 PM

18 posts, read 15,338 times
Default will i endorse warnick as mayer of baltimore

the only reason i say no is i think that cathrine pugh knows alot more about the city of baltimore then any other people who is running . cathrine pugh is a great person to run for the mayer of baltimore city she can turn the city into a posstive way ps. i am on facebook my facebook name is wiley james little

Old 03-01-2016, 05:36 PM

18 posts, read 15,338 times
i just dont even think that david warick will win i really truly think that catherine pugh will be the next baltimore mayor she can get baltimore back togeather again instead of killing in the baltiomre metro area

Old 03-07-2016, 05:08 PM

8,150 posts, read 13,212,823 times
Odds are certainly in Pughs favor...she and Dixon attract mainly older black women who are the majority of the active electorate. Out of that group many would leaned towards Dixon but may not be able to get past her gift card scandal. Pugh is the perfect altetnative...throw in her connections on annapolis and with the business community especially in thr healthcare and insurance industry and shes hard to beat....from policy perspective im still undecided as a whole with all the candidates

Old 03-11-2016, 10:24 AM

450 posts, read 793,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktaadin View Post
You're right that he built his business experience in Baltimore, but in my comment I was referring to the fact that I'd like to see political/governing experience from outside the city, as opposed to someone who came up within our local political machinery, which I see as dysfunctional. I agree he seems promising.

Don't know much about Embry, will have to read up on him.
Uh, Embry is a she!

Old 03-11-2016, 10:46 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,012,555 times
I think he would make the most difference and SHOULD win.

BUT:

People who burned down their own neighborhoods because a dead drug dealer who was arrested 23 TIMES, and who now has youth resource centers named after him, and huge painted murals in these neighborhoods (He was such a great role model) will vote for corrupt Sheila Dixon.

It will not be close.

The other candidates shouldn't hold their breath. BRING BACK THOSE SHEILA DIXON GLORY DAYS!

Old 03-11-2016, 02:13 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,371,560 times
Quote:
the only reason i say no is i think that cathrine pugh knows alot more about the city of baltimore then any other people who is running .
*I disagree! Just because know "a lot more about the city", doesn't qualify one to RUN a city GUBMENT:ham d:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiley little913 View Post
the only reason i say no is i think that cathrine pugh knows alot more about the city of baltimore then any other people who is running . cathrine pugh is a great person to run for the mayer of baltimore city she can turn the city into a posstive way ps. i am on facebook my facebook name is wiley james little

Old 03-11-2016, 02:16 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,371,560 times
Quote:
People who burned down their own neighborhoods because a dead drug dealer who was arrested 23 TIMES, and who now has youth resource centers named after him, and huge painted murals in these neighborhoods (He was such a great role model) will vote for corrupt Sheila Dixon.
*"Once again, you're showing me the BOOK you haven't read" - Dr. John Henrik Clarke

*It's quite obvious, you have NO knowledge of what you speak on. All around Baltimore and the state of Maryland, there are statues, memorials dedicated to white male enslavers and colonialists who sold, raped, experimented on Black people just a few hundred years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I think he would make the most difference and SHOULD win.

BUT:

It will not be close.

The other candidates shouldn't hold their breath. BRING BACK THOSE SHEILA DIXON GLORY DAYS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: