Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 11:43 AM

1,310 posts, read 1,509,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBuffalo View Post
Congress itself, though not sure if they have changed management or anything like that.
The previous ownership/management at the Congress owned some buildings in our neighborhood (prior the foreclosures.) I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole. I would imagine that the new management is trying to turn things around but that kind of thing takes a while even if you are making your best effort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 10:32 PM

22 posts, read 20,814 times
Thanks to everyone for the discussion. Next question: Is the Market Center Garage an OK place to park? Address is 221 N. Paca St. This is where I would park if I lived at 300 Cathedral, and I heard bad things about that neighborhood. It's a garage though, so I'd be OK, right?

Honestly, I am now leaning toward St. James Place on Franklin and Howard. Onsite parking, cheaper rent and more closet space are appealing, but everyone including this forum is telling me to stay away from there. It looked less sketchy than, say, Lexington and Howard, but who knows...

As far as where I'm working, it's the VA, so my walking route every day will be Franklin to Eutaw to Fayette to Greene...at least it looks OK on googlemaps.

Last edited by BuffaloBuffalo; 02-15-2016 at 10:54 PM..

Old 02-16-2016, 01:02 PM

478 posts, read 809,149 times
I would agree with the consensus so far that the Cathedral street location is probably safer at night, but to be candid with you, I don't think you should be walking home from the Mt Vernon bars to either at 2 am. Most nights you'd be fine, but then one night you're not...just take a cab (or an uber if you use that).

Also, where is the location of your work and what kind of hours do you expect to work? (asking from a walking safety perspective)

Old 02-16-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktaadin View Post
I would agree with the consensus so far that the Cathedral street location is probably safer at night, but to be candid with you, I don't think you should be walking home from the Mt Vernon bars to either at 2 am. Most nights you'd be fine, but then one night you're not...just take a cab (or an uber if you use that).

Also, where is the location of your work and what kind of hours do you expect to work? (asking from a walking safety perspective)

OK, Cathedral it is. I was concerned with the lack of closet space, but I guess I can always buy a wardrobe, they are only like 200 bucks at IKEA.

I will be working at the VA (on Greene St.) 8-4:30 M-F. Guess I'll use Uber for the bars. Now I have to figure out where to park my car. I was thinking the Market Center Garage (on Paca and Saratoga), but people told me that that's not a good area to park, so I'll have to figure something out. Maybe the Mulberry and Eutaw lot if that's any better...

Old 02-16-2016, 01:11 PM

I live several blocks from the Cathedral street location, and use street parking. It's worked out alright for me so-far. How often do you plan to drive or move your car?

Old 02-16-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
I live several blocks from the Cathedral street location, and use street parking. It's worked out alright for me so-far. How often do you plan to drive or move your car?
I plan to drive or move my car maybe a few times a month. Where is there good street parking in the area? When I visited, all I saw were meters.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBuffalo View Post
I plan to drive or move my car maybe a few times a month. Where is there good street parking in the area? When I visited, all I saw were meters.
In that immediate vicinity, you're right there are mostly meters. I live several blocks north of there (north of the Enoch Pratt library). In my area, there are many residential zones for area 28 parking on Cathedral street, Park avenue, Hamilton street, Monument street, madison street etc. A few on St Paul as well. That's the region I use for street parking.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:07 AM

I'm not sure though if you're eligible for an area 28 permit though with that address. The boundary might be Franklin street, in which case you probably would have to use a garage. I'd recommend calling the parking authority to be sure though.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:09 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure though if you're eligible for an area 28 permit though with that address. The boundary might be Franklin street, in which case you probably would have to use a garage. I'd recommend calling the parking authority to be sure though.
Will look it up...but yeah...I am pretty sure I will need parking. I just want to find one under 100/month where I won't get mugged walking home. I don't plan to drive late at night, but who knows, might have to someday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore