Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2016, 08:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,448 times

Advertisements

I am for the record not white nor I am not black. I grew up in the 21223 (above W Pratt).. I aboslutely love my city. I attended school#150 and #98 inthe 80's. I lived through the scrapple, berger eating "hon" generation. I "made it out". I am a "middle class" single woman making 50k a year living in a township of PA. I cant help but to yearn for my "marble scrubbing,hon days" I grew up with. I'm not stupid nor naive to the problems of the city. I have a deep yeaning to move back and "relive my younger days" I understand this is a fantasy but I just want to reach out and see if anyone else feels the same way??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 08:40 PM

16,295 posts, read 10,319,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21223survivor View Post
I am for the record not white nor I am not black.
Hispanic? Asian?

Anyway, as the saying goes, "You can't go home again." I don't know what 21223 above W. Pratt St. was like in the 80s, but it's really nothing much to write home about nowadays. Have you visited your old neighborhood recently? If so, how did you feel?

And if you haven't visited . . . well, if the place isn't what it used to be, you may be disappointed or even depressed to see what it's like now. Maybe you're better off just remembering it the way it used to be.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:28 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,364,636 times
Quote:
I am for the record not white nor I am not black.
*Lol! For the record, what are you then?! Interestingly enough, what you're yearning for is nostalgic times where life in Baltimore was much simpler, easygoing; but, still racist and dangerous. Don't get it twisted or illogical about the historical and social realities and illusions that encase this city and its people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21223survivor View Post
I am for the record not white nor I am not black. I grew up in the 21223 (above W Pratt).. I aboslutely love my city. I attended school#150 and #98 inthe 80's. I lived through the scrapple, berger eating "hon" generation. I "made it out". I am a "middle class" single woman making 50k a year living in a township of PA. I cant help but to yearn for my "marble scrubbing,hon days" I grew up with. I'm not stupid nor naive to the problems of the city. I have a deep yeaning to move back and "relive my younger days" I understand this is a fantasy but I just want to reach out and see if anyone else feels the same way??

Old 05-31-2016, 09:30 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,364,636 times
Quote:
Hispanic? Asian?
We are in the times of post-racial Obama and Cablasian neo-negroes. These entities can shape-shift into anything they want to be. Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Hispanic? Asian?

Anyway, as the saying goes, "You can't go home again." I don't know what 21223 above W. Pratt St. was like in the 80s, but it's really nothing much to write home about nowadays. Have you visited your old neighborhood recently? If so, how did you feel?

And if you haven't visited . . . well, if the place isn't what it used to be, you may be disappointed or even depressed to see what it's like now. Maybe you're better off just remembering it the way it used to be.

Old 03-17-2017, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,041 times
Default Please come back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Hispanic? Asian?

I am a new transplant to Maryland and have just recently moved into the Hollins Market area. My wife and I are both high earning professionals and moved into this area to take advantage of a property my wife purchased while in residency while we looked for our permanent home. The day we moved in I noticed a business for sale 2 blocks away from our residence, although people can drive through Baltimore and see nothing but blight i see nothing but space and opportunity. I am heavily investing in rebuilding the city one parcel at a time. I am looking into purchasing a restaurant/bar and will try my best to class up the joint enough so that the residents in the neighborhood can be proud of it but try and keep cost where it doesn't alienate the residents who currently reside here. Race is not an issue, come back so that we can all do our part to revitalize the 21223 and the rest of Baltimore along with it.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:28 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,930,951 times
If somebody can be neo-negro, than I can be neo-light.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:32 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,930,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
These entities can shape-shift into anything they want to be. Lol!
Like yourself.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:13 PM

80 posts, read 55,052 times
Default I see it, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21223Renovator View Post
I am a new transplant to Maryland and have just recently moved into the Hollins Market area. My wife and I are both high earning professionals and moved into this area to take advantage of a property my wife purchased while in residency while we looked for our permanent home. The day we moved in I noticed a business for sale 2 blocks away from our residence, although people can drive through Baltimore and see nothing but blight i see nothing but space and opportunity. I am heavily investing in rebuilding the city one parcel at a time. I am looking into purchasing a restaurant/bar and will try my best to class up the joint enough so that the residents in the neighborhood can be proud of it but try and keep cost where it doesn't alienate the residents who currently reside here. Race is not an issue, come back so that we can all do our part to revitalize the 21223 and the rest of Baltimore along with it.
I see things this way, too. I see past the blight, and see lots of beauty and opportunity in this city. All the best to you. I hope you do well.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:32 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,074,947 times
W. Pratt in the 80s was dangerous, but it's even worse now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: