U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 09:15 AM

812 posts, read 1,493,397 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a place for a decent men's haircut in Baltimore? Nothing fancy, nothing expensive ($20ish, give or take), just a decent place. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 10:10 AM

689 posts, read 2,238,468 times
I get my hair cut at Fabulous Salon & Spa on Washington Boulevard in Pigtown. Fabiola, my hairdresser (and owner of the salon) does a fantastic job.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:23 PM

21 posts, read 81,618 times
I recommend Great Clips in the Southside Shopping Center. Did you hear they're getting a Ledo's in that very same shopping center?

Old 03-05-2008, 01:03 PM

I love Ledo's! Now if they just get a better grocery store in there...

Anyway, keep the haircut recommendations coming. Thanks.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:22 PM

67 posts, read 171,293 times
I have heard that "The Beatnik Barbershop" is great -- they seem to keep winning the city paper's "best of"...they are in Mt. Vernon:

:: THE BEATNIK BARBERSHOP ::

I've never tried them, though -- I have been using Geometrics (in Canton -- they have always done the hair for the John Waters movies and also Homicide, etc) for like the past 15 years...now that they've sold the business and gone, I am really anxious about trying someone else....

I've also heard Tenpachi (sp?) is good and cheap (in Charles Village)

Old 04-03-2008, 09:02 PM

695 posts, read 1,558,719 times
Tenpachi is good, although I think a guy's haircut has gone up to $13 or $14, not the $10 price implied by its name. There's now also a Tenpachi in Fells Pt.

Old 05-21-2008, 03:52 PM

1 posts, read 12,523 times
Thumbs up Quinntessential Gentleman is the BEST Barbershop. Period.

I've been living in Baltimore my whole life and have never been to a better gentleman's barbershop then the Quinntessential Gentleman.

I've never felt like such a gentleman as I do at Quinntessential Gentleman. I'm a young professional and this place fits my mood perfectly. I walk in and they know my name and offer me a cold beverage. I like to come early and play pool upstairs before my haircut..which is by far the best haircut in Baltimore.

They even have a cool website I use to schedule my appointments online, buy their products, and keep up with the latest announcements.

Quinntessential Gentleman - [url=http://www.baltimorebarbershop.com]Quinntessential Gentleman - Baltimore's Finest Men's Grooming Parlor and Salon[/url]

Last edited by baltimorelocal; 05-21-2008 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: Update Typo

Old 05-21-2008, 05:32 PM

4,178 posts, read 9,210,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginbelt View Post
I have heard that "The Beatnik Barbershop" is great -- they seem to keep winning the city paper's "best of"...they are in Mt. Vernon:

:: THE BEATNIK BARBERSHOP ::

I've never tried them, though -- I have been using Geometrics (in Canton -- they have always done the hair for the John Waters movies and also Homicide, etc) for like the past 15 years...now that they've sold the business and gone, I am really anxious about trying someone else....

I've also heard Tenpachi (sp?) is good and cheap (in Charles Village)
Great place and good cut.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:22 PM

Great recommendation on the Beatnik Barbershop. FYI, Bill from that place has moved to the Chop Shop in Lauraville - 4329 Harford Road. They also do women's hair there. 410.426.2300

Old 01-13-2009, 04:40 PM

4 posts, read 21,616 times
Beatnik Barber in the 200 block of East Read @ Park Avenue - $16.00 - Pete the owner and Steve are both excellent wait for your turn with one of them - (the woman there is annoying)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore