Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 07:48 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,762,823 times

Advertisements

Where are the best places in Baltimore to take photos from, that aren't touristy, that people don't often go to (by this I mean not around the harbor)? Baltimore is extremely photogenic and i would love to know where the best places are to shoot from. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 11:47 PM

260 posts, read 842,813 times
I'd check out some of the cemeteries or an an industrial area maybe around the port.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:35 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,595,746 times
Focusing on just one neighborhood is a great way to start and then walking through it rather than driving to get a feel for it. I also think to center on the public markets would be a great thread. I want to do that one. Some have rules though. Since 9-11, Lexington Market no longer allows you to take photographs inside of it without prior approval. Attending special events also makes for good photographs. Another idea would be to walk or bike the harbor pathways from Canton over to Federal Hill.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:20 PM

757 posts, read 2,554,115 times
I guess it depends what type of photographs you're looking to take, but I'd suggest walking around Mount Vernon, Bolton Hill, and Reservoir Hill. There's some very cool architecture. Locust Point around the Domino Sugar factory is cool if you're looking for some industrial waterfront photos.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:47 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,934,574 times
Union Square and the surrounding neighborhood.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:26 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,920,736 times
- in Arbutus in Baltimore County if you drive up the hill across the Wal-Mart, where the Home Depot is located, you go on a small road from where you can see the downtown skyline...though West Baltimore is ghetto and not very pretty

- not scenic but the view from I-695 and Key Bridge you can take in Baltimore's massive industrial landscapes such as the Sparrows Point steel mill...its an ugly but nonetheless impressive and photoworthy view

- Dundalk, also in the County, has some nice cute neighborhoods with modest/mid-sized well kept houses close to water, such as the area off Wise Avenue near the bridge over ***** Creek (yes this is what the sign says)....nice, well kept, homey communiities, not ghetto but also not soulless like Columbia or Hunt Valley

- if you go to the top of the Baltimore Grand Garage across from the University ofMaryland Medical Center and the VA Hospital you get a close up, elevated view of the Bromo Seltzer Tower. This is good at night when the Tower is lit up in blue hues.

- my favorite view is actually from Fort McHenry looking out over the wide part of the harbor toward the Key Bridge and the Chesapeake Bay...

- also the view driving into downtown from I-83

Old 01-19-2012, 05:34 PM

1 posts, read 17,717 times
I love Tide Point looking northwest toward Harbor East (especially great at night time). Here's my blog with all sorts of stuff from Baltimore. Take a look...

http://mikekellerphotography.files.w...ic-2-title.jpg

Old 01-19-2012, 07:57 PM

781 posts, read 1,196,191 times
This was bumped from a while back, but, just to add--check out Meetup.Com, there's a group called Urban Explorers (I think that's their name, just do a search)--I just joined not too long ago. They do photo adventures all over the city.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:39 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,920,736 times
You can get some good pictures from Fort Smallwood Park in Hawkins Point at the south end of the Key Bridge. You can a good closeup view of the bridge and the shipping that goes under it, especially the large cruise ships. It is also across from Sparrows Point steel's massive industrial property, and across from Dundalk Marine Terminal as well and you can see the downtown skyline from far off.

Two other cool vantage points are from the Fort Howard peninsula and North Point state park, both in eastern Baltimore County on the Chesapeake Bay. Fort HOward gives you a view of the city, while North Point has a nice promontory you can walk out onto, you can see the Bay Bridge and the Eastern Shore from there.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:05 AM

775 posts, read 1,784,748 times
Crime scenes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore