Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2009, 05:15 PM

2 posts, read 4,731 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a fun diverse place to live in Baltimore that has fun night life. I am going to be attending Johns Hopkins and am moving from chicago. I would like to be in an area that has other students. I visited a few months ago and didnt see much of a college town near JHU. I would like to find a safe (or semi safe..lol) area that has a large African American population.. please if you have any idea let me know...and thank you so much for your time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 09:59 AM

201 posts, read 587,465 times
I'm not very plugged into the African American community here in the city, but unfortunately the more affluent African Americans have largely abandoned the city in favor of the counties. Butchers Hill near JH Hospital is fairly diverse, with a mix of Latino, Black, and White. Are you going to grad school at JHU?

Old 02-08-2009, 11:18 AM

107 posts, read 582,417 times
I grew up in Baltimore....I haven't lived there in years...but I think you should find a place around the university since you're new in town...and then later you will be able to find other affluent African Americans from your school who you can connect to...many of the affluent African Americans in Baltimore have all moved to the DC area for jobs as I did a long time ago...I'm in philly now but I'm debating moving back to baltimore because the jobs aren't as great as they are in DC...you can also look at finding a place near the Inner Harbor or check out the south side of town...the harbors kinda' pricey so be prepared to pay for that area...

Old 02-14-2009, 08:42 AM

2 posts, read 4,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltong1009 View Post
I'm not very plugged into the African American community here in the city, but unfortunately the more affluent African Americans have largely abandoned the city in favor of the counties. Butchers Hill near JH Hospital is fairly diverse, with a mix of Latino, Black, and White. Are you going to grad school at JHU?
yes i am going to grad school at jhu...thank you for your help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore