Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 11:31 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,206,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by are you kidinme? View Post
Your level of discourse is distrubing. I'm surprised your post is not deleted. The name calling clearly violates the TOS.

Didn't call you any names. I disagreed with your post and said why, which is exactly in the TOS.

OTOH, trolling like you are is against the TOS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Wow. Such anger must really cloud your vision. Put your map away and calm down.

There was no anger in his comments. On the other hand, there was a lot of misguided sentiment in yours.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltmer View Post
Wow! You've taken some real risks wallking around Canton and and Fed Hill. Please!

"From Light street up to Mount Royal. I'll get off the Metro at Lexington market and walk down Howard St. to the stadium for O's games and walk back after dark. Even up on North Ave.."

That's a bit more than merely "Canton AND Federal Hill." (BTW, I said Canton TO Federal Hill, which encompasses a lot more than just those two areas, doncha think?)

Considering the OP was talking about things to see and do downtown, I think I covered all the areas that would be under consideration.

So who do you post as outside these two posts?

Old 09-25-2009, 12:11 PM

3,546 posts, read 8,536,379 times
Quote:
Your level of discourse is distrubing.
I find implying that one rsisks getting shot and/or mugged immediately upon entering Baltimore city limits to be disturbing. To each their own I suppose.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:38 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,552,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post

"From Light street up to Mount Royal. I'll get off the Metro at Lexington market and walk down Howard St. to the stadium for O's games and walk back after dark. Even up on North Ave.."

That's a bit more than merely "Canton AND Federal Hill." (BTW, I said Canton TO Federal Hill, which encompasses a lot more than just those two areas, doncha think?)

Considering the OP was talking about things to see and do downtown, I think I covered all the areas that would be under consideration.

So who do you post as outside these two posts?

He is the infamous bawlmer who has been posting on this site for years until he took it too far and got cut off. Now he changes his handle every month or so and comes on to spew further misinformation and negativity. Ignore him.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:58 PM

328 posts, read 883,585 times
Thank you.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:26 AM

775 posts, read 1,776,932 times
Quote:

Didn't call you any names. I disagreed with your post and said why, which is exactly in the TOS.

OTOH, trolling like you are is against the TOS.

If that's the best advice you can give, go back undeer the rock you crawled from.

Seriously, this pansy, living in fear BS is getting tiring to hear from people with 2-3 posts, or even a hunderd posts.

You should read you own posts.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:34 AM

6,208 posts, read 9,162,008 times
So, did OP ever settled at the Inner Harbor area up in Bmore?

Old 04-30-2013, 05:29 PM

4 posts, read 5,079 times
Quote:
If that's the best advice you can give, go back undeer the rock you crawled from.

Seriously, this pansy, living in fear BS is getting tiring to hear from people with 2-3 posts, or even a hunderd posts.

I moved to Baltimore from Seattle back in '99. Lived downtown, and still have zero problem walking all over down there, from Canton around through fells point and Little Italy to Federal Hill. From Light street up to Mount Royal. I'll get off the Metro at Lexington market and walk down Howard St. to the stadium for O's games and walk back after dark. Even up on North Ave, I've parked and walked quite a ways to get to Joe Squared pizza. I've parked next to The Helmand Restaurant on Charles and walked down to Sascha's and up to the Brewer's Art. At night.

I'm not a strong man or a tough guy. I'm a middle aged white guy. Yes, there can be tensions around downtown. Promoting them, living in fear of them, and in effect creating them by acting that's all that happens, or are other than than rare, is simply ridiculous.
You say "pansy living in fear", but everywhere you mention is the safest parts of Baltimore LOOOOL. You must be a former MICA student or John Hopkins employee who never ventured east or west of mentioned safe zones. People tend to forget in Baltimore a 5 minute walk can show you horror then glamor.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:57 PM

7,305 posts, read 13,454,904 times
This is a verrrry old thread. Let it RIP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore