U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-13-2009, 02:03 PM

2 posts, read 14,135 times

Advertisements

I will be requiring surgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital next month. We will need to be there 4-6 weeks leaving our home in northern New England. My husband will require temporary housing with room for my mother. Depending on how much of the 4 weeks is hospitalization, it must also be suitable for me. The hospital has a page with hotels but he would prefer apartment or townhouse rental for so long a time and it should be temporary housing with utilities and internet present. The hospital also has a page with long term options and which says: "Some options are" and then lists four, three of them hotels. There have to be more but we do not know how to begin looking and online searches are not yielding much help. Has anyone else been there, done that and have suggestions or live in the area and know? I am in a lot of pain. We would like for it to be set up before we leave. Thanks for any help.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 06:55 PM

1,905 posts, read 1,571,795 times
I work for Hopkins and know you can call Housing Referral Service: (410) 614-6527. There you should find all the short/long term options.

I read an article just this week about McElderry House. It's in the neighborhood of the hospital and offers furnished townhouses. Here's the link:

McElderry House Lodging, Baltimore, Maryland near Johns Hopkins Hospital

Another option is to look into renting an apartment for a month. If I had to do this, I would rent in the Inner Harbor area...it's close enough to the hospital (bus, train or free Hopkins shuttle.) Plus it's near all the tourist attractions and restaurants. Apartments like Avalon and the Inner Harbor Lofts do short term rentals. Explain your situation to local apartment complexes. I'm sure you'll easily find a furnished apartment...but it will cost you!!!

Here's a link to the patient information page for housing options:

The Johns Hopkins Hospital Patient Information: Housing Options

Good luck with your surgery and housing search.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:01 AM

2 posts, read 14,135 times
Thank you for the information and the good wishes. Good starting points and I will call the apartments for information today. That was the missing piece - we could not figure out how to begin to look for them. Thank you.

Last edited by srw444; 10-28-2009 at 07:21 AM..

Old 10-21-2012, 03:52 AM

2 posts, read 4,683 times
Default Short or long term housing in Baltimore near Johns Hopkins, UNion Memorial, and other hospitals

Check out my house and contact me if interested:

Yolando House of Colors

Best Regards

Old 10-22-2012, 06:32 PM

518 posts, read 331,044 times
Not sure how much you can spend but I know Marriott Execustay has a program in Baltimore as well, most of the apartments are near the Inner Harbor.

Baltimore Extended Stay, Corporate Housing & Baltimore Furnished Apartments

May also want to check out Craigslist too--I had rented my apartment a while back for a month when I was out of town doing fieldwork; may be able to find a decent deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore