Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 09:34 AM

1,977 posts, read 6,779,772 times

Advertisements

My apologies to having misidentified Pat Pilling in the above post. Confusion reigns where you get old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 10:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,439 times
Default Union Square Federal Townhome

Blewcas if you are still interested in rehabbing the townhomes in this area please get in contact with me. I have a really nice one that needs work currently listed at $50,000 but owner will look at all offers.
Let me know if you are interested.
Address is 52 Carrollton Ave., S
Baltimore, MD 21223
It's right across from the Fulton Market.
thejoifulrealtor@gmail.com

Old 05-20-2011, 10:44 AM

1,977 posts, read 6,779,772 times
Default Say what?

Might be able to sell the house if you got the geography right. It is Hollins Market; there is not and never has been Fulton Market in Baltimore. Or is this house in Baltimore rather than in New York?
On a related note: The expansion of the University of Maryland downtown campus is creeping toward Union Square. The latest is the demolition of rundown rowhouse blocks on Fayette street. With the main downtown campus landlocked on the east side of MLK, the westward trek continues.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:26 PM

158 posts, read 393,791 times
Default I say go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewcas View Post
ps. im also very interested in rehabbing old row houses(not to sell or flip).

It sounds like you have a very realistic idea of the neighborhood, are up for a good rehab challenge, aren't looking to flip the house, and have experience living in a city - - to me at least, all this seems like a great combination to buy in Union Square (and other parts of the city, too!). I say go for it - - but agree with other posters - - it's definitely worth visiting (i.e., parking your car and taking a little stroll) both during the day and at night. If you're comfortable - I say go for it. I love Baltimore b/c it presents amazing opportunities for people with the right intelligence, attitude, expectations, and hopes!

Old 05-23-2011, 08:26 AM

226 posts, read 361,538 times
this is a great city neighborhood and like any city neighborhood it has some problems...i grew up around this neighborhood and it was sort of an oasis during the worst yrs of the area...drugs and crime do still occur on the fringes of niehgborhood, but now the area is improving on all sides except for maybe the west-fulton side...in short the nieghborhood is historic, the neighborhood is not cheap, but the neighborhood is a great investment and i see the neighborhood becoming a major factor in yrs to come, on the downside there arent as many areas to walk to yet but im guessing that with university of md expanding baltimore st will again become a major shopping district
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore