Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2010, 01:56 PM

1,802 posts, read 8,160,676 times

Advertisements

I've eaten at the Inner Harbor location, but I've never been to the one in Roland Park. They don't take reservations so I was wondering how long the wait for a table would be at mid-day during the week? Also, how is the parking situation?

Any advice is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 03:50 PM

1,973 posts, read 6,805,637 times
Default I like it

This is what happened on Thursday: We had a reservation for lunch at Gertrude's at BMA. But there was a huge backup on the beltway when we went to pick up a friend in Randallstown. I decided to take the back roads. My human GPS failed miserably and we ended up in Carroll County.
Since we were too late for Gertrude's we went to Miss Shirley's. Just walked in around 1:15 and were seated without a delay.
I have patronized Miss Shirley's before but the others had not. Each had a sandwich and was satisfied. My favorite is Alonsoville, which has smokey turkey, some cheese -- I thought it was gouda but I am surely wrong -- granny smith apple etc. goes for about $10. They have a varied menu so there is much more beyond sandwiches. Their web site probably lists the menu.
Two things to note: It was very noisy, far noisier than ever before. Also, strangely enough, they didn't have any desserts.
I think they take reservations but you better check. Parking in the rear of the building. Only open for breakfast/bruch and lunch.
I am told that the Dopkin family, who owns Sister Sallie's, as I call the place whenever I can't remember that it is Miss Shirley's, has sold Alonso's and the Mexican place and the pizzeria on the other side of Cold Spring Lane.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:47 AM

Thanks for the info barante. I had the Alonsoville when I ate at the Inner Harbor location and I agree - it was delicious! I'm a little concerned about the noise factor though. I think I'll suggest it as a possibility anyway. My friend lives in Columbia and I live in Middle River so I was looking for a lunch spot that would be kind of halfway in between. We did the Wine Market near Federal Hill last time.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:20 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,591,613 times
I haven't been to either Miss Shirleys but many of the folks I work with love both of them and frequently go to both.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:09 AM

99 posts, read 243,968 times
Re: Ms. Shirleys in RP - Wait on weekends at prime time (i.e. 11AM onwards) is at least 20 minutes. I have found no issues finding parking anywhere nearby.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:26 AM

1,973 posts, read 6,805,637 times
Default Tuesday

My Setting Sun Walkers, after touring St. Mary's University and Seminary -- which is closed to visitors but worth seeing, as are the vast grounds -- retired to Miss Shirley's for a repast Tuesday. Being predictable, we all ordered what we always order -- the Alonsoville sandwiches. They did not disappoint. Our waitress and other personnel, including the manager, stopped by so many times to inquire whether we were doing well that we feared they would call an ambo!

Old 05-06-2010, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barante View Post
My Setting Sun Walkers, after touring St. Mary's University and Seminary -- which is closed to visitors but worth seeing, as are the vast grounds -- retired to Miss Shirley's for a repast Tuesday. Being predictable, we all ordered what we always order -- the Alonsoville sandwiches. They did not disappoint. Our waitress and other personnel, including the manager, stopped by so many times to inquire whether we were doing well that we feared they would call an ambo!
I've been to Miss Shirley's several times since I originally started this thread. I agree with you and your group. Only once did I order something else - an omelet - as we were there for brunch before visiting the BMA. The omelet was good but I was actually a little sorry that I chose that and not the Alonsoville. They are simply delicious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore