Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2010, 10:27 AM

3,798 posts, read 4,647,246 times

Advertisements

Going to an Orioles Redsox game that Saturday night. Will be getting into Baltimore probably around 3 pm. We are also staying all of Sunday and leaving Monday.

Looking for some advice on things to check out. Likely really won't have time to do anything on Saturday because there will probably only be a 3-4 time window between arriving in Baltimore and the game.

Sunday, however, we will have the whole day.

A few things I've thought of is the aquarium, harbor and just walk around the downtown area.

Anything else you guys can suggest? Any good sport restaurants?

Were not really into going out and getting drunk so we don't plan on doing any partying like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 06:26 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,207,953 times
My suggestions:

1) Go back to Massachusetts.

2) If you fail to follow #1, go to the Sports Legends Museum and Babe Ruth Museum, both within easy walking distance of OPACY.

3) Make sure you get a crabcake at one of the bars/restaurants near OPACY during your stay.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
My suggestions:

1) Go back to Massachusetts.

2) If you fail to follow #1, go to the Sports Legends Museum and Babe Ruth Museum, both within easy walking distance of OPACY.

3) Make sure you get a crabcake at one of the bars/restaurants near OPACY during your stay.

Go back to Massachusetts? I'm not a Boston fan....

Old 04-10-2010, 11:55 PM

I actually need some more advice which is actually more important. Turns out the Holiday Inn is all booked up where we were hoping to stay. It's the Holiday Inn you can see from the stadium. Well, anybody know of the type of area the Holiday Inn Express down the street off Russell is? It's about .25 to .50 from where the Ravens play.

If we stayed at that hotel we'd want to walk tot he game but that means we'd be walking back to the hotel around 11 at night and I don't want to have to worry about getting jumped. I know some of Baltimore is crime ridden and last time I was there I remember seeing some shady places not too far from the stadium.

Thanks

Old 04-11-2010, 04:38 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,552,292 times
That Holiday Inn Express is farther away from the ballpark than most others. I would find a location closer to the park in a more active area. Also, it's on a road made for traffic with little pedestrian activity.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:12 AM

3,520 posts, read 9,207,953 times
If you can't find a hotel downtown, try to look for something along the light rail line, especially north of downtown (probably will need to go north of the Baltimore Beltway in that case). The light rail has a pair of stops right outside the ballpark, and a day pass only costs $3.50. Also, if you are looking for hotels in downtown that aren't in the immediate vicinity of the ballpark, look for places in the central or eastern part of downtown, east of Howard Street (the street where the light rail runs and a street that runs only 1/2 block east of the ballpark, parallel with the RF-CF line).

My bad on my assumption that you were a Red Sox fan. Most of the time when out-of-area fans are asking for hotel and transportation assistance and state they are going to an Orioles/Red Sox game at OPACY, those people are Red Sox fans.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:00 PM

Thanks I got a hotel in the area I wanted too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore