Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 10:00 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,727,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVolfpack View Post
I've been looking into the Bangor area as well. Anyone have any further input on crime and schools? (I have 2 small children)
Don't know too much about the quality of schools...will say just about every young person I've met here has been pleasant no matter how "dark and emo" they want to dress.

Here is the BDN's police beat for the crimes:

Police Beat — Bangor Daily News — BDN Maine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 10:21 PM

7,077 posts, read 8,939,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_Lanctot View Post
Look, there's no jobs here either. but you would be near Bar Harbor; you might find summer employment there. Good luck. if I were you I would not make the move to here. But that's just me.
Always look on the bright side

Old 06-02-2012, 10:44 PM

7,077 posts, read 8,939,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
just about every young person I've met here has been pleasant no matter how "dark and emo" they want to dress.
Who wasn't a freak when they were young, when I was their age we wore tie dye t-shirts, bought weed for $15 an ounce and paid $7.50 for Grateful Dead tickets.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:58 PM

27 posts, read 53,358 times
Quote:
Always look on the bright side

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life Sing-Along - YouTube

Old 06-02-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Who wasn't a freak when they were young, when I was their age we wore tie dye t-shirts, bought weed for $15 an ounce and paid $7.50 for Grateful Dead tickets.
I don't recall using the word, "freaks". When people dress in the way I described, it's typically a message, "Don't talk to me". While I have seen many dressed that way, they are still very friendly and polite.

Why do I notice that so much? Because I dress in black as often as possible and was one of those dark dressers with the dark hair and dark eyeliner, (we didn't call it 'emo' or 'goth' back then), to send the message, "don't talk to me" as well. Without getting in to the history of the entire "movement", I will say that many of the youth in other parts of the country don't get it while the kids in Maine, do.

Man CD is getting exhausting.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:15 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,886,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I don't recall using the word, "freaks". When people dress in the way I described, it's typically a message, "Don't talk to me". While I have seen many dressed that way, they are still very friendly and polite.

Why do I notice that so much? Because I dress in black as often as possible and was one of those dark dressers with the dark hair and dark eyeliner, (we didn't call it 'emo' or 'goth' back then), to send the message, "don't talk to me" as well. Without getting in to the history of the entire "movement", I will say that many of the youth in other parts of the country don't get it while the kids in Maine, do.

Man CD is getting exhausting.
I don't believe woxy was being un-politically correct; just an observation on this generation and ours back in the day. Simply speaking his (and some others of us) opinion. Just the same as you have. I have never found the forum exhausting and, sorry, but I don't understand how it could be thought of that way. We don't always agree but that is what puts the spice in life and a new point of view in our (collective) heads. Just roll with it instead of trying to temper or soften the teerms. We, too, thought we were unique and entering virgin territory by how we showed ourselves to the world.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:21 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,210,516 times
I see alot more walking freakshows, now that I travel out of state
green hair, rings all over the place -I counted 8 in one girls face the other day, and of course the tongue post, or whatever its called
to each his own....but this lady was a cashier in a supermarket in mass, the skin around two of the rings looked infected.. and she itched them a couple times-Id have been totally grossed out if she handled some fresh fruit-but what I bought was pre-packaged, maybe I would have been offended more, but she had a halter top on, and I was able to count two more rings

Old 06-03-2012, 07:41 AM

Yah, thanks for proving my point, retiredtinbender. It's exhausting. Why does everything have to be questioned and nit picked and so much attitude all over? (As I said, "CD", not just the "Maine forum".)

When you quote me, and then ask a question, 'since when ...blah, blah, blah', you are not just giving your opinion. You are nitpicking something the person said.

Frankly, I'm tired of it. I have better things to do than hang out on CD anyway. Enjoy yourselves.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:35 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,886,358 times
I'm sorry you have gotten so frustrated and tired.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:01 AM

846 posts, read 1,019,847 times
I used to love listening to Johnny Cash on the jukebox in the EM club singing "Man in Black", anyone that hides in a cave with guns is alright with me. Yeah these kids look different than we did. If you take the time to speak to them you will find most of them engaging and intellegent. Yes, there are some with poor hygene. I would venture, most likely the same percentage as are included in the "straight" population. A swine is a swine, no matter how they dress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area