U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-12-2012, 07:55 PM

362 posts, read 323,144 times

Advertisements

I will be passing through Maine on my way to Newfoundland (Gros Morne National Park) on my new motorcycle on the above referenced date. I will most likely spend the night in Bangor on this night weather permitting (I don't ride in the rain, so if that happens I reside in a hotel until it stops). If anyone would like to break bread let me know. I have to pick up my wife in Halifax, NS on the 13th, and catch the ferry on the 15th. I am working on the bucket list. I buried a dear friend of 30 years Sunday. He died after watching a basketball game two weeks ago. No warning, not sick, heart went out. I spoke to him on the phone that day and he was as happy as a clam. I have become acutely aware of the clock ticking since that time and made up my mind to do some stuff I have always wanted to do that sticks in the back of my mind. Long distance motorcycle trips are high on the list. I think North Carolina to Newfoundland fits the bill on that one. Everytime I have been in Newfie, I have wanted to visit that park. I will be back in Bangor on the 21st/22nd as she flies out of there that weekend. She has told me she will retire in the next 9 months to a year, when a merger is complete with her company and I will be residing with you'all then in Maine. If you want my cell number PM me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 08:32 PM

6,313 posts, read 8,177,848 times
I love Gros Morne. Continue up the western coast to the Viking settlement. They were there about a thousand years ago. Don't miss the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton Island, but BE Careful. You'll look down hundreds of feet to smashed vehicles that belonged to people looking at the view instead of the road. Stop to look at the view. Ride all the way up to Meat Cove where Marconi sent the first radio message across the Atlantic.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:33 PM

362 posts, read 323,144 times
It was (Gros Morne) a place that needed more than a one day to look at so I have passed it up on previous Newfoundland trips! It is all so beautiful. Very interesting geology there. I am packing warm too! Gros Morne looks like such an interesting place. I'm thinking the French Islands off Newfi as well (St Pierre Milequon?) seems interesting. Thanks for the tips!

Old 06-14-2012, 12:11 PM

8,759 posts, read 11,717,588 times
July can be a very foggy time in the maritimes. We spent four days in Halifax and never saw the place. The fog was so thick the whole time we were there we literally could only see 100 yards at a time.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:09 PM
RHB

1,074 posts, read 1,242,636 times
Hubby has a meeting the evening of the 10th, but I'm free, would you like to do dinner at Nickeys (or someplace else) the evening of the 10?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area