U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-22-2010, 07:12 AM

7,899 posts, read 8,676,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I think he might be waiting to see what happens to Girardi.
Maybe a return to the Bronx is in his future!
I don't get it. Why are so many Yankee fans interested in Mattingly and Torre? It seems as though they're excited about the prospect of Girardi leaving to go manage the Cubs...
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 04:50 AM

8,059 posts, read 7,714,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
I don't get it. Why are so many Yankee fans interested in Mattingly and Torre? It seems as though they're excited about the prospect of Girardi leaving to go manage the Cubs...
I think it's the fact that ownership only does contracts in the offseason and you can tell Girardi is upset by this so he might jump ship. He also makes alot of rookie type managerial mistakes on a regular basis. The only thing I like is that he is not afraid to come out of the dugout and yell at an ump when he blows it, Rarely did Torre ever do that.
We like Torre because he was a born and raised NYer and was very consistent in his decisions. Mattingly (like Jeter) was adopted by us based on his commitment to the team and his dedication to work and do whats necessary. Paul O'Neill is another guy in that group. The only thing is that as much as Mattingly is one of my favorites, I didn't think he was ready when it came down to him and Girardi ( to manage the Yanks).

Old 04-22-2014, 09:37 AM

8 posts, read 943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
wow....seriously time for a major enema in Flushing...how much worse can it get? First K-Rod punching out old men, now Perez, Castillo, and Beltran blowing off injured war vets, another losing season doesn't help either...
Klapisch: Defiant Perez is Mets' latest problem - MLB News - FOX Sports on MSN
What so u think about Curtis Granderson being traded to the mets

Old 04-22-2014, 09:42 AM

8 posts, read 943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I think it's the fact that ownership only does contracts in the offseason and you can tell Girardi is upset by this so he might jump ship. He also makes alot of rookie type managerial mistakes on a regular basis. The only thing I like is that he is not afraid to come out of the dugout and yell at an ump when he blows it, Rarely did Torre ever do that.
We like Torre because he was a born and raised NYer and was very consistent in his decisions. Mattingly (like Jeter) was adopted by us based on his commitment to the team and his dedication to work and do whats necessary. Paul O'Neill is another guy in that group. The only thing is that as much as Mattingly is one of my favorites, I didn't think he was ready when it came down to him and Girardi ( to manage the Yanks).
I like K Rod do you think that is the reason Curtis Granderson was traded to the mets?

Old 04-22-2014, 09:44 AM
Q44

427 posts, read 132,755 times
^^^^ I'm curious, what did the Yankees get back in this trade (besides 160 fewer strikeouts)

Old 05-07-2014, 09:55 AM

8 posts, read 943 times
Good ????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball