U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 03:35 PM

5,742 posts, read 4,277,495 times
So you are a physiologist? There are many reasons by body mass increases with age none of them due to steroids and none of which are our business except when it comes to Bonds? No wonder he despises the press. Rightly so.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:58 PM

10,462 posts, read 5,983,657 times
AADAD:
Quote:
I found no points which I could respond to without wandering around them.
All that effort on my part and this is your response?

Bet you sure swayed a lot of people with that stellar defense.

Well, if nothing else, my earlier hypothesis is confirmed. You are unable to respond.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:59 PM

We've moved on dude.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:03 PM

8,156 posts, read 8,911,272 times
Also, for record Bonds absolutely did use steriods .... this is not up for debate

Old 03-25-2011, 04:04 PM

10,462 posts, read 5,983,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
We've moved on dude.
Actually, you never stopped, you blew by all of the critical questions.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:07 PM

like I said no one ever taught you good sportsmanship....or manners. I am going to leave you in that place now.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:44 PM

5,285 posts, read 3,753,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
like I said no one ever taught you good sportsmanship....or manners. I am going to leave you in that place now.
AADAD,

After reading through this thread, I think Grandstander has brought some very concise, clear points that you can respond to. You seem to be evading them and coming back to "Bonds never tested positive." That point is fine and good, but several, a plethora actually of counter points have been made. I am ok with a thread in which this is discussed, but you seem to be more about trolling at this point. Please respond and partake in an actual discussion or I don't see much need for this thread.

My two cents is, anyone can have their own point of view, and thinking Bonds was a user of some sort of steroids, in no way shape or form makes someone a racist - which is being implied here.

Ultimatelly, the reason for forums like this are for discussion and I do not care who is right or wrong, but we need to make sure we keep it civil. This thread is walking a tight rope right now imho.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:19 PM

8,156 posts, read 8,911,272 times
That's true

Also the debate isn't if Bonds used steriods or not.

It's very clear that he did and he's even admitted as much.

The questions that are open are how frequently, how long of a duration, the types and was it done knowingly.

This leads to the matter of the trial of did he perjure himself when he questioned about steroid use. His contention is that it was an isolated incident done without his knowledge. He didn't understand or know what was being used and thought it was a valid product. The courts allege that he knew exactly what he was doing.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
AADAD,

After reading through this thread, I think Grandstander has brought some very concise, clear points that you can respond to. You seem to be evading them and coming back to "Bonds never tested positive." That point is fine and good, but several, a plethora actually of counter points have been made. I am ok with a thread in which this is discussed, but you seem to be more about trolling at this point. Please respond and partake in an actual discussion or I don't see much need for this thread.

My two cents is, anyone can have their own point of view, and thinking Bonds was a user of some sort of steroids, in no way shape or form makes someone a racist - which is being implied here.

Ultimatelly, the reason for forums like this are for discussion and I do not care who is right or wrong, but we need to make sure we keep it civil. This thread is walking a tight rope right now imho.
I disagree with your opinions. I would agree that there is not much need at this time. Since you seem to be saying that name calling is acceptable to you, that would tend to diminish your opinion, at least in my eyes. If anyone wants to go point by point without it I would be happy to respond however we do seem at this point to be leagues apart. I am sincere that I cannot make sense of his post (3rd time) if you believe my words perhaps you could encourage him to state it once again so that I can respond. Otherwise your efforts (and his) ring insincere at least to me. Is it really so hard to type #1 ....#2? It would help organize this debate. If the name calling belitting continue I will report the poster. I have not done so in hopes that someone will take my suggestion and we can renew the debate. Adult conversations have rules (no name calling etc) so far that has not occurred. When it does of if it does we can have a discussion....otherwise you guys just look like bullies with some notable exceptions....think it over. I think the issue is important and our viewpoints deserve an airing not a name calling diatribe which has ensued.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:44 PM

5,690 posts, read 2,190,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
why not when he would be offered immunity for anything that came up - it's like a legal confession of sin .... get it in the open, say a couple mea culpas and clean the sheet for the next round

if anything it would give him more incentive from a personal standpoint to testify .... clean his own sheet and clear a buddy from perjury charges
Could happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball