Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 12:10 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

I found the testimony of the Giants head trainer interesting when he approached the Giants management asking to ban Bonds steroid providers from the clubhouse.

He was met with silence and let the issue drop.

Just funny that EVERYBODY in baseball knew about the juicing but it was helping them recover from the strike and bringing in the money so they turned a blind eye.

And to this day if you go the official website of MLB you can see spots 1-6 all juiced up....with no asterisk.

Historical Leaders | MLB.com: Stats

Old 03-30-2011, 02:07 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
This week they are bringing to the stand other Giants who were also steroid clients of Greg Anderson. They are all saying that they were inspired by what Bonds had accomplished after he got together with Anderson, and were looking to utilize whatever secret Bonds had discovered to make him into such a superior ballplayer at the age of 35. Randy Velarde and Marvin Bernard both have now testified that Anderson supplied them with steroids he referenced as "the clear and the cream." They left no doubt that they both understood that these were steroids. Bonds is the only one claiming to not have known what the "clear and the cream" actually were.

That is indirect, connective evidence, leaving it for the jurors to make the correct inference concerning Bonds actual knowledge. More damning will be the testimony of former Giants catcher Bobby Estalella who will testify that Bonds had numerous conversations with him where he admitted his steroid use, and discussed the benefits and dosages.

Estalella makes the third eyewitness, along with Bonds' ex mistress and his his former close friend, who have sworn that Bonds admitted his steroid use to them.

I'm sure that AADAD will be along shortly to explain that all three are liars.

Old 03-30-2011, 02:52 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I found the testimony of the Giants head trainer interesting when he approached the Giants management asking to ban Bonds steroid providers from the clubhouse.

He was met with silence and let the issue drop.

Just funny that EVERYBODY in baseball knew about the juicing but it was helping them recover from the strike and bringing in the money so they turned a blind eye.

And to this day if you go the official website of MLB you can see spots 1-6 all juiced up....with no asterisk.

Historical Leaders | MLB.com: Stats
I would love to review the MLB testimony when these acts were going on - I believe Selig said that he didn't have knowledge until well after the time when it was obvious everyone had knowledge

Great to hit the figure head ... would be better to hit the institution

Old 03-30-2011, 04:16 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
This week they are bringing to the stand other Giants who were also steroid clients of Greg Anderson. They are all saying that they were inspired by what Bonds had accomplished after he got together with Anderson, and were looking to utilize whatever secret Bonds had discovered to make him into such a superior ballplayer at the age of 35. Randy Velarde and Marvin Bernard both have now testified that Anderson supplied them with steroids he referenced as "the clear and the cream." They left no doubt that they both understood that these were steroids. Bonds is the only one claiming to not have known what the "clear and the cream" actually were.

That is indirect, connective evidence, leaving it for the jurors to make the correct inference concerning Bonds actual knowledge. More damning will be the testimony of former Giants catcher Bobby Estalella who will testify that Bonds had numerous conversations with him where he admitted his steroid use, and discussed the benefits and dosages.

Estalella makes the third eyewitness, along with Bonds' ex mistress and his his former close friend, who have sworn that Bonds admitted his steroid use to them.

I'm sure that AADAD will be along shortly to explain that all three are liars.
Bobby Estalella will not testify. Street talk is that he changed his mind.

Gotta love that term "connective evidence". Wow, just wow.

The "mistress" also tried to sell her story (and her naked photos) to most anybody who would pay.

3 up 3 down.

How about responding without making this personal? It's a trial not a personal issue. You know there are rules on the forum right?

Quick conclusion for Barry Bonds trial? Witness list trimmed down - Daily Pitch: MLB News, Standings, Schedules & More - USATODAY.com

Old 03-30-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
I would love to review the MLB testimony when these acts were going on - I believe Selig said that he didn't have knowledge until well after the time when it was obvious everyone had knowledge

Great to hit the figure head ... would be better to hit the institution
Milwaukee Bud was on the lam buying stock in juiced baseballs for McGwire/Sosa before he got a call from Hammer and then got on the Mitchell express train.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:41 PM

Word on the street in SF says Bobby won't testify so prosecutors have pared down the list to make it look less prominent.

Gotta respect a friend if rumor proves true. I mean at what point do we say he is my friend he may have done something stupid. I think that I would draw the line if the friend harmed someone else. You know like the NFL player who drove drunk and killed that guy? What is more valuable that friendship in this world>>?

Even if Barry injected steroids daily (interesting he never tested positive) would that be enough to send him (a friend) to prison?

Just sayin. What's important in this world is learning from mistakes, not destroying a friend to benefit no one or never having made them IMHO.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:10 PM

Estalella is under a Federal subpoena to show up and testify. He has no choice in the matter and would face incarceration for contempt of court if he refused to appear.

And even if he didn't show up, we already know what his testimony would be from the leaked grand jury testimony which he gave. He told the grand jury under oath that he had several conversations with Bonds about his steroid use and Bonds advised him on types and dosages.

So, assuming that Estalella doesn't want to go to jail and he does indeed show up, his testimony will have to be the same as what he provided for the grand jury because otherwise he would be indicted for perjury.

So...go spread that word on the street.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:22 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
So, assuming that Estalella doesn't want to go to jail
Its a moot point since Estalella has been taken off the witness list. The prosecution is going with only three remaining witnesses, Arthur Ting, Bonds' former orthopedic surgeon, personal assistant Kathy Hoskins and sports-doping expert Don Catlin. If they don't get a witness to state unequivocally that Bonds TOLD them that he was taking steroids... Bonds walks (I wonder if that will be added to his record?).

Old 03-30-2011, 05:32 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,007,664 times
The proof is in the balls. Keep on hearing about how small they are, but no one ever says how small.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Its a moot point since Estalella has been taken off the witness list. The prosecution is going with only three remaining witnesses, Arthur Ting, Bonds' former orthopedic surgeon, personal assistant Kathy Hoskins and sports-doping expert Don Catlin. If they don't get a witness to state unequivocally that Bonds TOLD them that he was taking steroids... Bonds walks (I wonder if that will be added to his record?).
It would be moot for Estalella with regard to his having to testify of face jail, however his grand jury testimony exists and has been published by the media, and thus we may use it here in this forum which is not a court of law, rather it is a court of public opinion.

I stated previously that while it is quite obvious that Bonds is guilty of using steroids, it is not at all obvious that there is a sufficient legal case to get him convicted of perjury. If Bonds escapes a conviction, that will in no manner alter the obviousness of his guilt before the public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball