U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 02:56 PM

186 posts, read 285,339 times

Advertisements

I believe that Barry Bonds deserves appreciation and congratulations for his accomplishments as a baseball player. He might me an a-hole but his a damn good baseball player. Drug accusations remain what they are--accusations!! Even if he did in fact use drugs--the drugs might have made him stronger but that drug doesn't enhance his eye-hand coordination necessary to hit the ball. His astonishing eye-hand coordination is a talent that is truly unbeatable--he is the best ever in baseball. No I am not a black guy just in case people out there start to criticize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 03:10 PM

13,819 posts, read 25,177,226 times
I don't care what you say...Hammerin' Hank still holds the record in my mind...no matter how many HRs that Bonds ends up with.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:34 PM

20,005 posts, read 69,417,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I don't care what you say...Hammerin' Hank still holds the record in my mind...no matter how many HRs that Bonds ends up with.
Yep, Hank did it w/o the aid of enhancers. Bonds is a puss, outclassed by better hitters who do things the correct way: naturally.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:45 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,314,845 times
Ever since I discovered baseball, in third grade, I'm tired of hearing about Babe Ruth. Every time Ruth slips down a notch in either season home runs or career home runs, I feel good.
Yes, I think Bonds is an excellent hitter. A mediocre player can't be a super star just from drugs. As for the drugs, if true, how many homers less would he have?
Barry grew up being coached by two very good players; his father and godfather, no less than Willie Mays (in my view, the best baseball player of all time). I'm not black either, but Mays was just amazing in his talents. So, Barry Bonds had these two guys to spend much time teaching him...and it shows.
I hope Bonds sets the new mark for career homers, regardless of the drug scandal or not.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:02 PM

716 posts, read 1,525,706 times
Bonds was a great player before the steroids....for sure. However, there is a difference between a great player and the greatest home run hitter of all time.

The steroids put him into that category....he could not have done it on his own. Nobody disputes the fact that he was a great player....I just do not like the fact that he CHEATED his way to the most prestigious record in sports.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:04 PM

20,005 posts, read 69,417,785 times
Same goes for Sosa. When he signed with the Cubs, he was a twig. Then he bulks up rather quickly and becomes a heavy-hitter. On top of it all he was a corked bat user. Bon voyage Sammy, ya frickin loser!

Old 07-31-2007, 05:09 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,100,570 times
Hello Mr. Barry Bonds, Welcome to the baseball hall of fame as the player having the most home runs in a career!!!! Sincerely the Asterick

He will never have the record in my eyes.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:24 PM

419 posts, read 2,059,726 times
C'mon. All you posters are saying the same thing. You're like rerun stories. This is old stuff. I mean, it's like watching 'Sanford and Son,' you know, just rerun after rerun. It's almost comical! hahaha

Old 07-31-2007, 05:52 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,100,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallStreetWarrior View Post
C'mon. All you posters are saying the same thing. You're like rerun stories. This is old stuff. I mean, it's like watching 'Sanford and Son,' you know, just rerun after rerun. It's almost comical! hahaha
Did Sanford use steroids too ? I thought toward the last 2 seasons he seemed to have bulked up a bit. No matter he will never get into the hall of fame.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:15 PM

3,772 posts, read 9,548,912 times
Its good to be a great and gifted athlete, but integrity has to be a part of that equation. It seems that society puts wrongdoings on the backburner until a record achievement has been attained.
Sure Barry Bonds will or has broken the homerun record of Hank Aaron,but record books have to put in my opinion an asteriik beside Bonds name stating steroid-user.
Athletes should set high moral standards for themselves first, along with setting records for the game second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball