U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 01-10-2012, 04:18 AM

27 posts, read 26,485 times
I think it sucks. The Astros are a National League team, move the Brewers back to where they belong to even things out. AND ENOUGH with the expanded playoffs! Pretty soon it will be another NHL where every team makes the playoffs!
And if a team is hot they can beat anyone look at the Cardinals. They shouldn't have even been in the post season with that record , the other year they won the World Series they were 82-80! If they were not consistently dominant over the 162 game season they do not deserve the honor of a playoff spot.
Quick reply to this message

Unread 01-11-2012, 11:31 AM

40,061 posts, read 17,579,851 times
I think it sucks, too. Mainly because I worry that it's going to touch off future league switches.

Unread 01-13-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I think it sucks, too. Mainly because I worry that it's going to touch off future league switches.
Oh it will. They will see attendance at Rangers/ Astros games will go up by whatever percent generating more money for the owners next thing you know the Mets are in the AL East, the California/Anaheim/Los Angeles Angels are in the NL West its all about the money.

Unread 01-13-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE DUDE View Post
Oh it will. They will see attendance at Rangers/ Astros games will go up by whatever percent generating more money for the owners next thing you know the Mets are in the AL East, the California/Anaheim/Los Angeles Angels are in the NL West its all about the money.
While I'm on the same page with you, anger-wise, I respectfully pooh-pooh your thoughts about the Mets. There aren't going to be two AL teams in New York.

Unread 01-13-2012, 02:47 PM

18,079 posts, read 13,367,741 times
Quote:
While I'm on the same page with you, anger-wise, I respectfully pooh-pooh your thoughts about the Mets. There aren't going to be two AL teams in New York.

Agree on the Mets; cant ever see it

Unread 01-13-2012, 10:17 PM

758 posts, read 166,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE DUDE View Post

All the reason more why I think they should realign the league altogether and make there be an Eastern Conference and Western Conference like I suggested earlier in this thread. If MLB was divided up the way the NBA and NHL are by region in lieu of National and American Leagues, I surmise they'd not only generate more revenue but save lots of money traveling, too. They should adopt that same method in the NFL, too.

Unread 01-14-2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
I was stretching realism a tad with my frustrations...but at the sametime I think anything is possible. They will do whatever they think will attract more fans and make them more money. I hate the fact the Orioles play National league teams as often as they play some AL teams. I also detest the unbalanced schedule and the over hyped rivalry between Boston and New York.

Alright way too much complaining for one day. I like that I found a forum to discuss baseball though. Its hard to find fellow fans these days.

Unread 01-14-2012, 11:53 AM

18,079 posts, read 13,367,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus528 View Post
All the reason more why I think they should realign the league altogether and make there be an Eastern Conference and Western Conference like I suggested earlier in this thread. If MLB was divided up the way the NBA and NHL are by region in lieu of National and American Leagues, I surmise they'd not only generate more revenue but save lots of money traveling, too. They should adopt that same method in the NFL, too.
So a division with the Red Sox, Yankees, Mets, Phillies and Nats/O's/Blue Jays?

Unread 01-15-2012, 11:29 PM

758 posts, read 166,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
So a division with the Red Sox, Yankees, Mets, Phillies and Nats/O's/Blue Jays?

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of a division with the Red Sox, Yankees, Mets, and Phillies. Yes, you got it. Also, another division with the Cubs, White Sox, Royals, Cardinals, and Twins as well as a third with the Reds, Indians, Brewers, Tigers, and Pirates. Not to mention yet another with the Dodgers, Angels, Giants, A's, and Mariners. Yes, you got the idea. All my proposed divisions are on the second page of this page typed in dark red letters.

Unread 01-16-2012, 09:43 AM

^ I think the best possible solution would be to banish all this talk about realignment for ever and ever, and just leave things the way they are. Owners egos and television dollars should be pushed off to the side, as well. I know it's completely utopian, but what would make me happiest is if baseball was turned back into a spectator sport (as opposed to its current status as a media event).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball