U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 07:38 AM

72,073 posts, read 83,735,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
Considering I live in Omaha, yes I am a huge College Baseball fan.
wow, I bet you are: living in AR (close to the university) we certainly follow it closely as we did for years in Ca. We were USC fans (still are) but obviously now our hearts are with Arkansas....

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 07:40 AM

72,073 posts, read 83,735,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Here in Johnson City, TN, East Tennessee State opened the season this weekend against Eastern Kentucky and were fortunate to have temps in the 50's Friday and Saturday. Admission was free. The Buccaneers have a nice new baseball facility and negotiations are ongoing for the Appalachian League's Cardinal farm team to start using it. The Cardinals' present facility is old and rundown and in need of expensive updates, and attendance in recent years has been disappointing, despite the Cardinals' recent championship seasons.
Our son would have gone to EYSU had he not signed a pro contract just weeks before the fall semester 30 years ago.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:46 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,817,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wow, I bet you are: living in AR (close to the university) we certainly follow it closely as we did for years in Ca. We were USC fans (still are) but obviously now our hearts are with Arkansas....

Nita
Swiped Van Horn from my Cornhuskers.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:26 PM

426 posts, read 458,330 times
You need to come down and watch the Gamecocks play Clemson in Columbia, we have a beautiful stadium and have won the college world series the last two years.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:02 AM

4,277 posts, read 5,173,776 times
I do like to watch college baseball. In fact, I may try to catch some Fullerton games. The Dodgers are too far to watch often, and I despise the Angels. Plus, college ball can be very entertaining. Heck, I watch high school ball on TV sometimes as we have a local channel that airs them.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:21 AM

301 posts, read 711,780 times
I go to USC in Columbia and baseball is pretty big here. It's not as big as football by any means, but baseball is our claim to fame over the past couple of years. Loved watching the CWS.

Admittedly, I haven't been to a game in person. I've watched a couple on TV. It is somewhat difficult to get tickets to a baseball game. I think there are only 750 student tickets.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:36 AM

NCAA tournament selection show is today. Means only about 2.5 weeks until the CWS!

Old 05-28-2012, 11:16 AM

7,836 posts, read 19,589,048 times
No. 1 seed Miami to host baseball regional that includes UCF as No. 2 seed - Orlando Sentinel

For the first time in four years, the Miami Hurricanes’ path to the College World Series won’t be blocked by the Florida Gators.The ‘Canes, who were eliminated by their in-state rival, and this year’s No. 1 overall seed, in the regionals or super regionals each of the past three years, will host a regional this weekend that includes No. 2 seed Central Florida, No. 3 Missouri State and No. 4 Stony Brook.The will open against Stony Brook at Alex Rodriguez Park on Friday. Should the ‘Canes win the Coral Gables Regional, they’d play the winner of the Baton Rouge Regional that includes No. 1 seed LSU, as well as Oregon State, Louisiana-Monroe and Belmont, to advance to the College World Series for the first time since 2008.Miami was 1-1 against Central Florida this season, beating the Knights 3-2 in Orlando on March 14 and losing 4-1 in Coral Gables.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:33 AM

Been a while Since Miami has made it to Omaha, actually looks like a good shot that 3 Florida teams may make the trip this year.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:15 PM

5,767 posts, read 10,308,954 times
I think the NCAA has been doing a better job of advertising the playoffs in baseball, though the regular season is still overlooked at a lot of D-I universities. The regional tournaments are doing fairly well in the 16 locations where they are being played, anyway.

In Oregon, college baseball has been moderately successful. The Oregon State University Beavers won the CWS in 2006 and 2007, and that created a lot of interest compared to previous years. There is also a small college called George Fox whose baseball team won the DIII tournament in 2004.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or