U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-11-2012, 07:32 PM

6,187 posts, read 4,615,324 times
Default Clemens And The Railroad Job

Don't get alarmed. You all know that I think Bonds is innocent. But Roger Clemens is the one that the Feds Milwaukee Bud and TUSC is really after.

And Why?

He stood up to them and unlike Mcgwire, Sosa, and on and on he looked them in the eye and said he did not used banned substances. Not only that he stuck his finger in their eye. He may be innocent and he may not be but now that he has taken a stand they are after him.

Prosecutors today filed 1500 pieces of evidence against Mr. Roger and game is on. The police power backed up by the force of law to fry a guy who may be innocent.

And Why?

Cause he has guts. You might think that I like the guy, as I like Barry. Not so. I think he is arrogant and talented. But he has the right to say his truth without being punished.

Speak out. You might not like him, but the Nazis in Milwaukee are going to try and put him in a hole..in prison.

I am growing to really not like MLB. Shame ! on them.

Go Roger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 07:42 PM

10,812 posts, read 6,541,973 times
Pete Rose spent a decade being a gutsy stand up guy exercising his right to defend himself. Then he finally owned up to the fact that he had been lying the entire time..and he did it in a book where he was attempting to hustle a few bucks for his confession.

Go Pete!

What matters isn't how loudly or boldly Clemens denies the charges, what matters is whether or not he is guilty. If he is, then what on Earth is admirable about his denials? And if he is innocent, what is so gutsy about saying so? What innocent person wouldn't make a public denial of charges against them?

Go rationality!

Old 04-12-2012, 06:00 AM

Actually and since you were not included in the memo in the crime forum, one of the techniques all police departments look for in analyzing a suspects response is their protest and it's vehemence in doing so. It is a subjective form of assessment but as a "gut feel" police trust it. The innocent person typically will protest the guilty person will not.

Anyway that was not the point of my post but I thought that I would respond anyway since you showed an interest.

Indeed. Let's do our level headed best to try to be rational.

The force of MLB and it's clearly arbitrary history of assessing and enforcing it's rules is unfair, and clearly unlawful, and discriminatory.

Go Roger.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:11 AM

Here is a good summary on this case:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/13/sp...utors.html?hpw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball