U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 02:42 PM

233 posts, read 210,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
List of Major League Baseball stadiums - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know if I said this before but I don't love Miller Park, I think it's a great place to watch a baseball game(sight lines) and the great tailgating and the atmosphere inside and outside the park and there is plenty of amenties and the cost of going to a Brewer game is very affordable and I like how Miller Park looks from the outside, I'm just not in love with it on the inside. First off I hate Domed stadiums, I prefer all baseball stadiums be open air and if you can't handle the cold and rain and wind then wear a helmet because life is tough. I think baseball was meant to be played outside for better or worse, come October not that the people in Chicago have anything to worry about but for the rest of us.

Last fall I went to Comerica Park and I absolutely loved it, yes smaller than Miller Park 2 levels not 4 like Miller Park and not as many amenities as Miller Park but it felt like old school baseball, open air even when you were in the technically the 3rd deck you could see great. The 3rd deck at Comerica is at the height if Miller Park's second deck, at least in the first few rows.

After looking through the list of baseball parks, I really like Comerica, Coors Field, Great American Ball Park, Target Field and Wrigley Field. I can't stand the Cubs or Cardinal but I really like their parks. My two favorites are Oriole Park and Comerica Park. I wish the Brewers would have built the Ebbets Field knock-off they were going to:

Ballpark Renderings, Models and Concepts, Ballparks of Baseball

List of Major League Baseball stadiums - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ballparks of Baseball - Your Guide to Major League Baseball Stadiums
I'm with you on not being in love with Miller Park. I'm a Brewers fan living in Phoenix and went to quite a few games there before I moved nine years ago and a few since living in AZ. I think the green with the brick is really ugly. The design of the roof is neat, but not very practical over a long period of times. They've had problems with the roof since the start and I fear it will only get worse as the park ages. However, building the roof was necessary. There's no way they could reach 3M in attendance the last few years and spend nearly 90M in payroll without the roof. I lived hours away from Milwaukee and always feared a rainout at County Stadium. Now people from all over can come see a game without having to worry about a rainout.

The last few years I've traveled to Arlington, Houston, Minneapolis, Seattle, and San Diego. I think I would place Miller Park behind all of those. I don't count Wrigley since that's a historical park and hard to compare with modern facilities. The only modern park that I like less than Miller Park is Chase Field here in Phoenix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 02:49 PM

2,998 posts, read 3,778,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAZ View Post
It's hard to beat the view from Petco Park. It's a beautiful, downtown stadium with a great backdrop. I'm also a big fan of Safeco when opened up, and Target Field. Although, Target Field felt a little cramped and poorly designed in some areas of the concourses. I was pleasantly surprised with Minute Maid Park last year. It was better than what I expected.
Petco Park is OK but you should visit AT&T in San Francisco if you want a great view. It is my favorite by far.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:00 PM

233 posts, read 210,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
Petco Park is OK but you should visit AT&T in San Francisco if you want a great view. It is my favorite by far.
That's number one on my list to get to next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball