U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-14-2014, 02:20 PM
Status: "Dow hits new high - over 27,000!" (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Suburban Dallas
46,856 posts, read 37,020,613 times
Reputation: 28342

Advertisements

Nice home win for the 'Stros last night. Dallas Keuchel had Houston's first complete game in an 8-0 rout of the Rangers at Minute Maid.

Rubber game is tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-25-2014, 03:32 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,488 posts, read 15,441,696 times
Reputation: 11401
Public service announcement - Do not allow Springer to get away like Pence. 3 HR in the last 1.5 games.

The Altuve, Springer, Fowler top 3 in the lineup is really looking good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2014, 07:02 PM
Status: "Dow hits new high - over 27,000!" (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Suburban Dallas
46,856 posts, read 37,020,613 times
Reputation: 28342
Dallas Keuchel had another great game. One run allowed in a complete game. Offense continuing to get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Public service announcement - Do not allow Springer to get away like Pence. 3 HR in the last 1.5 games.
Don't worry. George is safe. He's a big part of our future.

And Altuve is definitely All-Star material this season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2014, 09:52 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,488 posts, read 15,441,696 times
Reputation: 11401
Springer - about a month of baseball - leading the team in HRs, RBIs - and having fun doing it.

I am enjoying the innocence of this kid before the stardom and pressure of being a household name nationally comes.

4 HRs in the last 3 games... and two doubles off the wall tonight.

He is must see TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2014, 05:04 PM
 
Location: Under a bridge
2,423 posts, read 3,141,893 times
Reputation: 2486
I'm an Angels fan but I keep an eye around the league. I got to say that Jose Altuve is a fine ball player. I really like him. He's going to be a real good player. Also, Springer has so much potential. He reminds me of Tim Salmon. You guys have some good pieces there in Houston. Patience.

-Cheers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2014, 07:52 PM
Status: "Dow hits new high - over 27,000!" (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Suburban Dallas
46,856 posts, read 37,020,613 times
Reputation: 28342
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
I'm an Angels fan but I keep an eye around the league. I got to say that Jose Altuve is a fine ball player. I really like him. He's going to be a real good player. Also, Springer has so much potential. He reminds me of Tim Salmon. You guys have some good pieces there in Houston. Patience.

-Cheers.
Patience, indeed. The Astros are now 10-8 in their last 18 games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 08:06 PM
Status: "Dow hits new high - over 27,000!" (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Suburban Dallas
46,856 posts, read 37,020,613 times
Reputation: 28342
And will you look at this? Houston has a five-game winning streak after their sweep of Kansas City. Time for them to go home and entertain Baltimore for the weekend. And George Springer is now really red hot!

MLB.com Gameday | astros.com: Gameday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2014, 08:15 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,488 posts, read 15,441,696 times
Reputation: 11401
7 HR in 7 games - and Springer is featured on the MSN homepage news rotation... so the national publicity is catching on. Hopefully he stays humble and keeps a good attitude.

I am a Dodger fan first, but it's good to see the excitement in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2014, 07:22 AM
Status: "Dow hits new high - over 27,000!" (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Suburban Dallas
46,856 posts, read 37,020,613 times
Reputation: 28342
The Astros are playing some good baseball now and are winning games when it really matters. And last night at Minute Maid really mattered. MLB Network had carried the game, and the 'Stros saw 38,000-plus fans. It was important to win last night. Villar came out of a slump to nail the game-winning hit. Oberholtzer got the win at home. It was a great thing to see. Even more impressive was that the Orioles' starter had a no-hitter over five innings and was overcome by the Astros' offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
7 HR in 7 games - and Springer is featured on the MSN homepage news rotation... so the national publicity is catching on. Hopefully he stays humble and keeps a good attitude.

I am a Dodger fan first, but it's good to see the excitement in the area.
You can still root for the Dodgers. The Astros have switched leagues, so it's certainly possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2014, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,488 posts, read 15,441,696 times
Reputation: 11401
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
The Astros are playing some good baseball now and are winning games when it really matters. And last night at Minute Maid really mattered. MLB Network had carried the game, and the 'Stros saw 38,000-plus fans. It was important to win last night. Villar came out of a slump to nail the game-winning hit. Oberholtzer got the win at home. It was a great thing to see. Even more impressive was that the Orioles' starter had a no-hitter over five innings and was overcome by the Astros' offense.



You can still root for the Dodgers. The Astros have switched leagues, so it's certainly possible.
I have been here long enough to want the home teams to win... while remaining loyal.

Do wish they were still in the NL though.

It was a good event last night. Would have been good to go if I knew about it early enough. Lots of good history there. May even look to get an Eagles uniform.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top