U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2015, 04:05 PM

46,856 posts, read 37,027,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
Glad to see the Astros having a good season. As a Braves fan, hope Gattis has a big year for you. Always good to see a new team on top- I'm sick of the Cardinals, Giants, etc.
Thanks. Now, where you're concerned, my guys are in that "other" league right now, considering the teams you've mentioned. We've built through the draft really well for several years, but Gattis has been a good pickup for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 07:01 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,873,644 times
Hey Astros fans...don't touch the ball while it is in play. Seen it twice in a week at home!!!!!!

Old 06-28-2015, 02:50 PM

Astros just split with the Yankees in an exciting win today, 3-1.

The Good Guys face the Royals when they come to town tomorrow. This should be fun!

Old 06-29-2015, 04:45 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,195,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Astros just split with the Yankees in an exciting win today, 3-1.

The Good Guys face the Royals when they come to town tomorrow. This should be fun!
Wait, how are you an Astros fan living in Dallas?

Old 06-30-2015, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malfunction View Post
You guys are having a nice run in first place. That would be something if you keep that up all year. The rest of the division is weak so far, and the Angels and Rangers look like they're on the verge but I'm not completely convinced that they'll pull it out.

Can't wait to see Altuve in the All-Star Game.
It was supposed to be a stronger division than what we've seen, but the Astros have held their own against the West. They've split the year so far against the Angels, have been very good against Oakland and Seattle, but are just 2-4 against the Rangers. I'm confident that that will get better as the year goes on.

Altuve is gaining traction at the ballot box. Hope he gets enough to start in the ASG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Eat Candy View Post
Wait, how are you an Astros fan living in Dallas?
I became an Astros fan in 1992 on a road trip to the old Astrodome. Besides, back then, the Rangers and Astros were in different leagues, so I could root for both teams. Even before the league change, the Astros have become my Texas team of choice since I've soured on the Rangers a long time ago (before their recent success). Instead of an all-Texas World Series, I'll have to settle for an all-Texas ALCS if it ever came to that. And it could soon. I'm just rooting for what I believe is a better franchise; plus, they've been in Texas longer anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
I'm looking forward to enjoying a summer with a contending baseball team...that can be seen on local TV!!!
We've got it going right now. Attendance at Minute Maid's picking up, too, as it should. Try to catch every game if you can. They're really a hoot to watch.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:07 PM

Oh, and if anyone wonders how the Astros have done so far this year against the people they've played, well, here's that link. You may already be familiar with it, but here it is....

HOU Head-to-Head Records from 2015 to 2015 | Baseball-Reference.com

Old 07-02-2015, 08:48 PM
Status: "Living rent-free in Mr. Wade’s head" (set 1 day ago)

16,350 posts, read 8,896,576 times
Springer out for 6 weeks (ish). Can we survive?

Old 07-03-2015, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Springer out for 6 weeks (ish). Can we survive?
It's disappointing, but yes, we can. We've got a lineup chock-full of contributing players, so I think we'll be just fine. Houston's still hanging on to first place (best record in the AL), and I believe we will still be there after the All-Star break.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:26 PM
Status: "Living rent-free in Mr. Wade’s head" (set 1 day ago)

16,350 posts, read 8,896,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
It's disappointing, but yes, we can. We've got a lineup chock-full of contributing players, so I think we'll be just fine. Houston's still hanging on to first place (best record in the AL), and I believe we will still be there after the All-Star break.
Tough road trip coming up. Red Sox & Indians playing well lately. Rays, not so much. 5-5 road trip? I'd be satisfied with that.

Old 07-13-2015, 03:02 AM

Okay, so the Astros are finishing the first half in second place in the AL West after spending their last 88 games in first place. Their offense has slumped badly during their 6-game losing streak, so they will need to regroup before facing the Rangers at Minute Maid on Friday.

Still, they've made progress. They're 49-42 with 71 left to play. To reach last year's 70-win mark, they'll need to go 21-50, of course, but I don't think they'll be that bad in the days ahead. The big litmus test is only coming. Let's find out how those guys respond after the All-Star break. An exciting first half with many highlights can only be followed by more excitement and more highlights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball