U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-17-2017, 03:12 PM
Status: "Moon landing 50th anniversary July 20." (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Suburban Dallas
46,884 posts, read 37,062,575 times
Reputation: 28363

Advertisements

The Astros are now the AL West Champions!!!!

They win, 7-1, over Seattle. Verlander is now 3-0 with the 'Stros.

They have more work to do. It's only beginning.

Also this: The Astros became the first team in major league history to win a division title in three different divisions (NL West, NL Central, and AL West).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-18-2017, 09:12 AM
Status: "Roaming around your head-nothing here to see." (set 23 hours ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
16,366 posts, read 8,908,143 times
Reputation: 1661
Nice win on Sunday to clinch the division. Now need to work on best record in AL. Would like to go into Boston with at least a 5-game lead on the Red Sox.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2017, 06:04 PM
 
Location: A Land Not So Far Away
3,956 posts, read 2,818,981 times
Reputation: 5515
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
The Astros are now the AL West Champions!!!!

They win, 7-1, over Seattle. Verlander is now 3-0 with the 'Stros.

They have more work to do. It's only beginning.

Also this: The Astros became the first team in major league history to win a division title in three different divisions (NL West, NL Central, and AL West).
Great accomplishment! Now, you've got to overtake the Indians and get home field. That's the team everybody's going to have to beat now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2017, 10:57 AM
Status: "Roaming around your head-nothing here to see." (set 23 hours ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
16,366 posts, read 8,908,143 times
Reputation: 1661
Playoff rotation?

Verlander
Kuechel
Peacock
Morton

I start Verlander in game one only to get righty/lefty/ righty combo. McHugh has looked decent, but Morton has been a stalwart. McCullers is a head-case, so no on him in the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2017, 07:24 PM
Status: "Moon landing 50th anniversary July 20." (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Suburban Dallas
46,884 posts, read 37,062,575 times
Reputation: 28363
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Playoff rotation?

Verlander
Kuechel
Peacock
Morton

I start Verlander in game one only to get righty/lefty/ righty combo. McHugh has looked decent, but Morton has been a stalwart. McCullers is a head-case, so no on him in the playoffs.
I'm not sure what you mean by McCullers being a head case, jimmie, but the Astros will be deep enough with starters when playoff time hits. McCullers has been good over most of his starts. Adding Verlander, more than anything, will prove huge. The sleeper in this pile will be Morton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2017, 05:34 PM
Status: "Roaming around your head-nothing here to see." (set 23 hours ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
16,366 posts, read 8,908,143 times
Reputation: 1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by McCullers being a head case, jimmie, but the Astros will be deep enough with starters when playoff time hits. McCullers has been good over most of his starts. Adding Verlander, more than anything, will prove huge. The sleeper in this pile will be Morton.
I mean he’s immature and doesn’t work through tough innings well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2017, 06:18 PM
Status: "Roaming around your head-nothing here to see." (set 23 hours ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
16,366 posts, read 8,908,143 times
Reputation: 1661
‘stros are looking good, up 2-0 in the ALDS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-06-2017, 09:05 PM
 
29,510 posts, read 15,468,709 times
Reputation: 20040
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
‘stros are looking good, up 2-0 in the ALDS.
Sound victories as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-09-2017, 08:34 PM
Status: "Moon landing 50th anniversary July 20." (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Suburban Dallas
46,884 posts, read 37,062,575 times
Reputation: 28363
Looking even better now!

ALCS time! Now, the Astros must wait to see who prevails in the Cleveland-New York series. But they will be rested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-10-2017, 02:08 AM
 
Location: Tampa, FL
27,798 posts, read 26,231,496 times
Reputation: 14611
Head to Head records this season:

5-2 record vs NYY
1-5 record vs Cleve.
2017 MLB Baseball Standings Grid - Major League Baseball - ESPN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top