Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2017, 06:29 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,850,718 times

Advertisements

A life long Red Sox fan, I went to one of the games against Houston at the end of the regular season. It was the Thursday night game of a four game set, Sept 28th. The Astros crushed the Sox that night 12 - 2. After the game I went to a restaurant/bar near Fenway and when we walked in there were about 25 - 30 Astros fans in the bar area, all wearing orange. As we walked past, they asked us if we were Astros fans, we said no, but told them they have a very good team. We then had a nice conversation about baseball, Houston, the hurricane... This group had not been at the game; they were going to Fenway on Friday, so I told them a few things about Fenway and the traditions. Nicest people in the world. I had to admire the fact that they traveled 2,000+ miles to support their team even though the hurricane had hit recently.

While it was disappointing to have the Sox lose, Red Sox nation is ecstatic that you beat the Yankees! Nothing would be worse than seeing NY in the World Series... Good luck to the Astros... the nation is rooting for you... (other than a small area in southern California where a small percentage of the population cares about sports..)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2017, 07:32 AM

79 posts, read 8,078 times
Its too bad the Dodgers have to face Houston...America and the whole world rooting for Houston..

Old 10-22-2017, 09:36 AM

52,687 posts, read 47,943,222 times
Great last two games from a great team. I actually doubted the Astros following that 3-game slide in New York. But the Astros have always had the Yankees' number, and it showed again Saturday night. People are now seeing what Correa, Springer, and Altuve can do and what they mean to a team. And Charlie Morton even rose to the occasion, putting out his best of the year. Justin Verlander was awarded the ALCS MVP. The league MVP will be announced later, but I expect it to be Altuve.

Now, they head to L.A. for what I hope to be a climactic --- and positive --- finish to an incredible season!

Old 10-22-2017, 01:01 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,933,130 times
Good luck Astros, from a Yankees fan. Beat Dem Bums!

Old 10-22-2017, 01:10 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,781,890 times
Did we finally exorcise the Pujols homer?

Old 10-22-2017, 01:43 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,391,922 times
Congrats to the Houston Astros.

Old 10-22-2017, 02:55 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,511,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
A life long Red Sox fan, I went to one of the games against Houston at the end of the regular season. It was the Thursday night game of a four game set, Sept 28th. The Astros crushed the Sox that night 12 - 2. After the game I went to a restaurant/bar near Fenway and when we walked in there were about 25 - 30 Astros fans in the bar area, all wearing orange. As we walked past, they asked us if we were Astros fans, we said no, but told them they have a very good team. We then had a nice conversation about baseball, Houston, the hurricane... This group had not been at the game; they were going to Fenway on Friday, so I told them a few things about Fenway and the traditions. Nicest people in the world. I had to admire the fact that they traveled 2,000+ miles to support their team even though the hurricane had hit recently.

While it was disappointing to have the Sox lose, Red Sox nation is ecstatic that you beat the Yankees! Nothing would be worse than seeing NY in the World Series... Good luck to the Astros... the nation is rooting for you... (other than a small area in southern California where a small percentage of the population cares about sports..)
^^^^^ One Astros employee who, IMO, embraces that spirit....and probably did as well in the past in the Red Sox clubhouse as a player.....is headed back to Fenway (just announced in the last hour or so):

Boston Red Sox tab Alex Cora 47th manager in club history

Old 10-25-2017, 10:40 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times
EPIC game two!!!

Old 10-25-2017, 10:50 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,576,919 times
Great to see Justin come back to the dugout from the clubhouse to rally the troops

Old 10-25-2017, 10:55 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,128,686 times
WOW ! That was a killer game! Houston has every reason to be proud tonight, the Dodgers gave nothing away, each team gave 100%. I'm so excited for what the rest of this series will bring, very entertaining. Gotta love it when the pitching falls apart and the can of whoopass opens up. Nice groin shot to the umpire, what a special treat baseball has given me tonight! Thank you baseball god, that was awesome. I think Houston can win this thing, and I hope it goes 7 games. Don't want to miss even one night of these two titans going to battle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball